Jose aldo turns down rematch

I don't think the UFC will give Aldo a shot at Conor anytime soon now after he gets KO'ed and then turns down the fight.

Really Aldo should take like 10-11 months off after a ko like that. It would be bad to jump right back in and get knocked out again. He potentially wouldn't get a title shot for a few years if that happened.

Very disappointed in Aldo. That's coming from a huge Aldo fan. I actually called for the rematch at 155 and I was a yes away from being right. Disappointing.

Derp, Derp, Derp...Dana said no, not Conor.

Dana is the boss, what he says goes.

Conor said he was the boss. Conor is the one that said he is the UFC. He is the one with all the juice here. If Conor wants this fight he would get it. If the UFC turned down a fight its at the behest of Conor. Dana is just playing the fall guy. Conor doesn't want it and I understand why. Get off your knees and open your eyes cuck.

Conor said he was the boss. Conor is the one that said he is the UFC. He is the one with all the juice here. If Conor wants this fight he would get it. If the UFC turned down a fight its at the behest of Conor. Dana is just playing the fall guy. Conor doesn't want it and I understand why. Get off your knees and open your eyes cuck.
Lol, okay we'll just pretend like Conor is the president of the UFC now...

Khabib hasn't fought in about 2 years. He already has a fight booked and will likely earn a title shot with a win. If Conor wins and his next opponent is Khabib for an interim title, doesn't sound like the UFC is protecting Conor that much...Really it sounds like their protecting Khabib and his perfect record.

He does not have to bend to the will of the Ufc and step in unprepared to help them save face.

I don't know when money became the sole motivator in MMA.
Fans use it is the be all end all form of leverage.

OK What you said in no way reflects reality...

This situation you describe as Aldo being asked "to bend to the will of the Ufc and step in unprepared to help them save face."

Is much better described as Aldo being "presented with a golden opportunity and not taking it (for whatever reason.)"

You really think the UFC came to Aldo begging? Like, PLEASE SAVE OUR ASSES AND FIGHT CONOR!!" That's absurdly far-fetched. Just from the positions each entity is in at the bargaining table, the logical conclusion is against that.

The far more likely scenario is that they called Aldo thinking his feet were going to hit the fucking ceiling when he heard the good news. Then when he said "no," they probably said "Wow really? OK then." And they move on to the next guy on the list of 10 names in order they surely have prepared.

From the UFC's perspective, the other names that have been tossed around today are just as big ticket as he is. We know that a Diaz or Cerrone vs Conor sells just as much as an Aldo fight at this time, if not more. So the UFC doesn't really care who gets the opportunity -- they'll just go down the list until someone takes the fight.
I guess this is an example of what you lament, right? Something about me over-weighting the power of money?

Which brings us to the worst part of your reply -- how irrelevant it was. You refer to me treating money as the "end-all-be-all of leverage." Well I would say for the UFC, a business entity with a board and shareholders etc etc., it's pretty safe to accept that conclusion most of the time. But if you read my comment, I said this was "[Aldo's] shot at redemption." So clearly I never assumed money was the "end-all-be-all" of the issue for him.

Anyway, just had to address that guy for the sheer ridiculousness of his comment. At the end of the day, you pile the money and everything else up and it's a huge opportunity for Aldo and I'm stunned he didn't take it.

Really Aldo should take like 10-11 months off after a ko like that. It would be bad to jump right back in and get knocked out again. He potentially wouldn't get a title shot for a few years if that happened.

This is the only sane answer.

Conor absolutely crushed Aldo in the head with that KO. That was only two months ago, he shouldn't even be back to live sparring yet let alone ready for a 5 round fight.

Honestly sometimes it freaks me out how some fans are perfectly OK with encouraging these guys to get brain damage.

Aldo was medically suspended by the commission until literally last week, and was ordered 'no contact' through the end of January. If his team and coaches care about his long term heath, he should be on break for some time.

Late spring should be the earliest we see him fight, Summer is more appropriate.

wowwwwwww

once a potential legend, a potential goat, has a career that is a joke now

As recently as January 16
http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/s...upon-to-fight-conor-mcgregor-on-short-notice/

Way to stay ready Jose! Hopefully he isn't allowed to sniff a title fight ever again with his completely ridiculous amount of pull outs and bitch outs. No need to waste a good ppv or a title fight on a flake.

Damn I used to like the guy too, total disappointment, failure, fraud, you name it.

McGregor has a though time cutting to 145 when he prepares for it, how the fuck would he do it now that he spent almost all of his camp targeting to fight at 155?

smart move by Aldo the man has a family to take care of god knows what the goat would do to him a second time

McGregor has a though time cutting to 145 when he prepares for it, how the fuck would he do it now that he spent almost all of his camp targeting to fight at 155?

Agreed. I don't think he'd be able to cut now when he's been bulking up for 155 lbs. He would die.

Back