Jose Aldo Targeting LW Debut @ UFC 231; Turned Down Short-Notice Bout Against Donald Cerrone

Huh? It isn't 2008 anymore. Aldo is tiny and would get dwarfed by basically the average LW.

nah, if he was at 155, he's the same size basically as alot of them with a similar reach. A little short but whatever.
he's same size as eddie for sure, maybe taller. He'd have more power, cardio and have a big speed advantage at LW. war aldo.

With rumors that TJ vs. Cruz is tabbed as well give me Moraes vs. Lineker at UFC 231 as well. Imagine the violence.

GSP vs. Whoever
Holloway vs. Ortega
Aldo vs. Gaethje
Moraes vs. Lineker

Moraes is in line for a title shot. Zero chance he fights Lineker at the moment.

LW Aldo will have much better chin with all that extra water.

Severe cutting deletes your chin for fight night
He'll also have more power i suspect, like DC at HW vs LHW. He also has a big speed advantage on all the LWs except maybe Conor.

The beautiful thing is, at LW he gets 2 wins he's right there for the title. Also, short notice replacement when Khabib vs Tony 4 falls out again next year.

Its about time!
Should had happened after his loss to Connie.

It’s cowboy tho. He’s been a lw his whole career and then basically quit cutting weight and started fighting st 170. I guarantee Aldo walks around at close to 170 as well. It’s actually a good match up for him too. Aldo is faster and has better kick boxing imo.
Cowboy tends to start slow and heat up performing his best in the later rounds. Aldo is the exact opposite. He starts off fast and usually tapers off. (We have to consider though that Aldo has been fighting 5 rounders for a long, long time now. In a 3 rounder I doubt he'd have issue) Cowboy's length and cardio can potentially give Aldo issues but Aldo should be able to take the first 2 rounds off him easy. He aims those leg kicks a little North and turns then into body kicks and it could be a really bad night for Cowboy.

Good for Aldo. I think he's counting on Max to rule FW, and he's too old to cut a lot of weight.

Its about time!
Should had happened after his loss to Connie.
Truth is Aldo was planning a move up after beating McGregor. That was his big announcement that he was going to make after the fight.

Only problem is he didn't win the fight.

Cowboy tends to start slow and heat up performing his best in the later rounds. Aldo is the exact opposite. He starts off fast and usually tapers off. (We have to consider though that Aldo has been fighting 5 rounders for a long, long time now. In a 3 rounder I doubt he'd have issue) Cowboy's length and cardio can potentially give Aldo issues but Aldo should be able to take the first 2 rounds off him easy. He aims those leg kicks a little North and turns then into body kicks and it could be a really bad night for Cowboy.

Aldo can finish Cowboy with 1 left hook to the liver lol.

That's not exactly a terrible match up for Aldo either.

Truth is Aldo was planning a move up after beating McGregor. That was his big announcement that he was going to make after the fight.

Only problem is he didn't win the fight.
Yeah..
I know.
It didn’t happened as planned...

I don’t blame him for not wanting to fight Zabit or Renato, I’m down for legacy fights at this point

nah, if he was at 155, he's the same size basically as alot of them with a similar reach. A little short but whatever.
he's same size as eddie for sure, maybe taller. He'd have more power, cardio and have a big speed advantage at LW. war aldo.

He def wouldn't have more
LOL Gaethje has lost to much lesser fighters than Aldo.

Aldo smashes Gaethje, Alvarez and Porier.

Easy.

P4P yes, there's a reason Aldo is only going to 155 because he literally has no reason to keep fighting at 145

Back