Jose Aldo Targeting LW Debut @ UFC 231; Turned Down Short-Notice Bout Against Donald Cerrone

Aldo vs Barboza would be pure fire.

Aldo vs Gaethje, Pettis or Alvarez are cool match ups too.

A lot of great matchups for him at LW.

Why? Just wondering. I don't think the fights will be easier and he may have a size disadvantage.

Fighters get bigger with age and the cuts get harder. His cardio also seems to take a hit due to his weight cut.

We have never even seen Aldo at 155. This could be the best version of him yet.

He could give up a little size in exchange for a big speed advantage and better cardio. Aldo is much faster than a lot of LWs.

He might also have more power at 155, similar to DC at HW.

Aldo vs. Eddie Alvarez please

The average Lightweight cuts from 170 lbs; Aldo cuts from 164 lbs at Featherweight.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aldo gains 5lbs just knowing that he won't have to be at FW anymore. In terms of weight, I think Aldo will be fine at LW but his height and reach is on the small side for LW

He had the accident i believe leading up to the Pettis fight.
Nah. Dana said he had to vacate his belt first. They were supposed to fight at UFC 164 for thr FW belt but Pettis got injured. Aldo fought KZ instead.

Post fight press conference Dana said Aldo could move up to fight Pettis for the LW belt but he had to give up his FW belt first. Aldo said no then Pettis ended up getting injured again and Aldo fought Lamas six months later.

If he would have listened to Dana, he would have ended up without a belt and without a fight.

Imagine if he moved up after beating Edgar the 1st time like he was supposed to do. He would have had a GOAT run. Well he's still a FW Goat but still.

Hopefully this comes to fruition, he'd wreck some fools at LW.

Would be pretty cool if Aldo actually stepped in to rematch Conor due to an injured Khabib.

Nah. Dana said he had to vacate his belt first. They were supposed to fight at UFC 164 for thr FW belt but Pettis got injured. Aldo fought KZ instead.

Post fight press conference Dana said Aldo could move up to fight Pettis for the LW belt but he had to give up his FW belt first. Aldo said no then Pettis ended up getting injured again and Aldo fought Lamas six months later.

If he would have listened to Dana, he would have ended up without a belt and without a fight.

Yeah im not advocating for Dana. I know he didn't let Aldo do it but let Conor cuz he generates buzz. Pretty lame cuz he let DC do it too. Everyone got a shot to try but Aldo

Aldo vs Pettis please.

even now, it would still be a fun fight.

I think GSP might take Aldo on at 155!! That could be the fight to make. #GSPvsALDO #UFC231

Back