Jose Aldo Targeting LW Debut @ UFC 231; Turned Down Short-Notice Bout Against Donald Cerrone

Maybe if Rivera wins a couple. He won't get that fight after the Moraes loss and a lackluster win over John Dodson.
Guy is 21-2.

Plus Cruz has been doing nothing except jerking off in the announces' booth since he pulled out the Rivera fight. I'd rather they make Cruz fight Jimmie and give Morales a TS.

That's a smart move. He's going up in weight and they wanted him to fight a guy coming down in weight on short notice. That'd be fucking dumb. Would you talk shit if Conor/Tony/Lee/etc. refused to fight Kelvin Gastellum at 170 on short notice?
It’s cowboy tho. He’s been a lw his whole career and then basically quit cutting weight and started fighting st 170. I guarantee Aldo walks around at close to 170 as well. It’s actually a good match up for him too. Aldo is faster and has better kick boxing imo.

Going after Conor...

<Goldie11>

Id like to see that rematch

I like it when Moraes kicks people in the head.

Interesting. He has been barking about it for awhile. Think it may well do him some good and I'm sure as heck in!

Plus this puts Conor back in his "sights".

Last edited:
Guy is 21-2.

Plus Cruz has been doing nothing except jerking off in the announces' booth since he pulled out the Rivera fight. I'd rather they make Cruz fight Jimmie and give Morales a TS.
Yeah I'm not saying Jimmie doesn't deserve it, I'm more saying Cruz is an entitled fuck.

Aldo could do great at 155, a lot of good match-ups for him there. He really should've done it earlier. And of course, if somehow universe conspires to give us Aldo vs McGregor for the belt at 155, it would be amazing. Anyway, I hope he goes for it.

Aldo turning down another fight shocker

What is that supposed to mean? Taking fights on the wrong end of a short notice is for nobodies, guys who are out of the top 5 (and offered a contender/title fight), or guys offered to fight McGregor. No top 5 fighter is going to step in to fight a gatekeeper like Cerrone on short notice, especially not as a debut in a higher weight class.

Finally. I think Aldo can do well at this weight.

Good move if he does it, many fun fights for him at LW. Even though he has slowed down, Aldo is still very fast, I could see him doing well actually.

Aldo vs pettis would be nice.

I want Jose Aldo vs Kevin Lee.

If Aldo's still got that legendary TDD, he can piece Lee up on the feet.

A little late imo, but will watch this 100%. Nice way to end his career.

It’s cowboy tho. He’s been a lw his whole career and then basically quit cutting weight and started fighting st 170. I guarantee Aldo walks around at close to 170 as well. It’s actually a good match up for him too. Aldo is faster and has better kick boxing imo.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the matchup. It's the timing. I think it'd be absurd to move up in weight and fight a seasoned veteran on short notice. With a full camp to make sure he can perform well with the extra weight, I think Aldo fucks him up with body shots like the Stephens fight.

As far as the weight, I think they are similar. Cerrone said something like 175 and Aldo has stuck with 165.

Well that's great but he is still 5'6. LW is full of guys who are 5'9 and taller.

Cerrone, Ferguson, Gathje, and the like will tower over him.

Too bad he didn't do this against Benson Henderson or Pettis back in the day. Still cool though. Yes ^ Aldo v. Gaethje

He had the accident i believe leading up to the Pettis fight.

Back