Jose Aldo spars Mikey Garcia

Ryoto Machida

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've seen a lot posted about TJ sparring Loma, but this is the first I've seen this.

Ignore the clickbaity title. There's really nothing "heated" about it. Just a good technical sparring session.

I've seen a lot of videos of Garcia sparring non-boxing guys, and he's really chill about it. Let's the guys get in work without handing out any unnecessary damage. Seems like a really cool dude.

I still got Loma by UD.

7eb8dcbb7fb30a68e5b69484d709c920.jpg

I've seen a lot of videos of Garcia sparring non-boxing guys, and he's really chill about it. Let's the guys get in work without handing out any unnecessary damage. Seems like a really cool dude.

I still got Loma by UD.

Loma/Mikey?? Is that official?

This was one of his first forays into boxing

Aldo is looking good in that. His striking was already so good. He just needed to evolve because the sport was used to the basic “muay thai” style.

Mikey gave him some of his magic in that body shot Aldo killed Stephens with.

I still got Loma by UD.
Mikey is a monster. You can tell he’s a boxing wizard because he can spar in any way with anybody. If it’s just a kid, he knows how to push him, give him some looks and force him to learn without hurting him. If it’s an mma fighter like Aldo, he gives him some good looks and doesn’t put too much into it so Aldo can benefit from the spar. Mikey is the man. True wizard of the sport.

Mikey is a monster. You can tell he’s a boxing wizard because he can spar in any way with anybody. If it’s just a kid, he knows how to push him, give him some looks and force him to learn without hurting him. If it’s an mma fighter like Aldo, he gives him some good looks and doesn’t put too much into it so Aldo can benefit from the spar. Mikey is the man. True wizard of the sport.

Word. He seems like an excellent person to learn from in sparring. Mikey exudes control and technical poise. I was really impressed with his last fight v Robert Easter jr. The way he dealt with Easter’s height and crazy reach—not through speed or brawling, but timing and ultra clean fundamentals. Damn clinical.

I think Mikey might take Loma too based upon the size advantage and his superb technical skills. He is a pleasure to watch- textbook

I've seen a lot posted about TJ sparring Loma, but this is the first I've seen this.

Ignore the clickbaity title. There's really nothing "heated" about it. Just a good technical sparring session.

Longer than Conor's bullshit.

Back