Jose Aldo Opens as Betting Favorite Against Conor McGregor

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
From Sherdog.com:

While the mixed martial arts world continues to buzz about Conor McGregor

Retarded odds. Aldo should be -300 at minimum. I'll be betting some bank if the odds are this close.

so many threads about this...dat search button is so dusty

The odds will definitely change closer to the fight. But for now, based on caliber of opposition alone, Aldo SHOULD have betting odds way in his favor.

Reminds me of Shogun/Jones and how everyone was outraged that Jones was the favorite

Huh.

There is money to be made here...

My heart is saying Aldo. My head...probably Aldo. -155 is crazy.

I mean, Aldo is clearly going to win the fight.

Excellent. Some easy money to be made early. No doubt in my mind the odds will be -200 for McGregor once the fight closes near.

Reminds me of Shogun/Jones and how everyone was outraged that Jones was the favorite

This was confusing. I had to think about this a little before concluding that your comparison makes zero sense.

Shogun was the established champion who was an underdog. Here, McGregor, the young contender is the underdog. Aldo is rightly the favorite and almost everyone agrees (though to differing levels).

Basically, you should just said this reminds you of a time when someone was favored, but everyone was outraged.

easy money on Aldo...just not much to be made :(

Retarded odds. Aldo should be -300 at minimum. I'll be betting some bank if the odds are this close.

i got in on aldo at -175, and i also thought it was a steal and the odds would swing wildly. but i think a lot of people believe in conor, it might prevent the odds from moving much.

Even though I think McGregor will win, I may consider throwing some cheese on Aldo.

Aldo might be the best bet of the year

Ya, if you think Aldo is one of the best P4P fighters in teh world, then -160ish is pretty good money for betting on Aldo. I'd figure he'd be -220 or something but people beleive the McGregor hype.
And of course the line makers don't set the lines based on who is likely to win or how easy the win will be. They set the line to get equal action on both sides.

Overhyped boring point fighters. No one cares. This is why UFC is dying.

Back