Jose Aldo open to superfight with Dominick Cruz

Everyone excited about this but it would be the most boring fight ever. 2 boring point fighters fighting who are great in what they do.

um no....He moved up 1 and didn't cut weight.

When Conor fights an actual WW, we can chat.

More importantly. Aldo wouldn't be moving down. Cruz would move up.

Lol, why is this even a thing? Everybody cuts weight... yes... even back in 2005 they were cutting weight.

When you step on the scales at 145, you're a FW. When you step onto the scales at 168, you're a WW.

I'd watch

mma-reaction-gifs-jose-aldo-no-expression.gif

Lol, why is this even a thing? Everybody cuts weight... yes... even back in 2005 they were cutting weight.

When you step on the scales at 145, you're a FW. When you step onto the scales at 168, you're a WW.
The fight doesn't take place on the scales

Oh, but he'd never fight the 155 champ. Lol!

How the hell does Aldo still have fans? He ducks any difficult fight, and he couldn't even properly beat Frankie's ass while backing up the entire fight and running from him.

He only wants easy fights and will never take on what looks like a challenge unless he is forced to.
He fought the guy who was champ at 155 twice and twice whooped his ass. He was ready for the Pettis fight and Pettis pulled out injured only to miraculously be healed a few days later to fight bendo.

He ran from Pettis for two months and was forced to fight Pettis by the UFC.

He ducked Pettis actually and the only reason why that fight was made was because he had to take it as the UFC made Pettis the next contender for the belt.

It's gonna be a long recovery for Dom's knee after this fight

Everyone excited about this but it would be the most boring fight ever. 2 boring point fighters fighting who are great in what they do.
I think you're a bad poster, with bad ideas.

Hmm don't know if he deserves it after the bs he pulled after the Conor fight. Pretended he never lost, said Conor was on juice etc...

Lol wow you're a piece of work.

If anything, it's Cruz who doesn't deserve to fight Aldo.

I sure would love to see it

If Aldo actually goes back to using a lot of kicks for this fight, he'd hurt Cruz pretty bad. Just imagine if Aldo landed some of those brutal leg kicks and took away Cruz's movement.. it would be a very, very severe beating then. Cruz would be a fish out of water vs. Aldo if Aldo can take away his movement with those kicks of his.

Stylistically, Aldo truly is the worst match up possibly ever for Cruz, but it depends on what Aldo's gameplan is. Cruz is amazing at what he does, but if you take away his movement, what does he have to offer against Aldo? practically nothing. Those leg kicks will take away his movement and it will also effect his ability to shoot for TD's, he wouldn't be able to take Aldo down regardless because his TDD is just that damn good. Cruz has some of the best TD's in MMA, his timing is some of the best you'll ever see in the sport and his movement helps with it because his opponents can't read him at all, they don't know what he's going to do.

The way Cruz ducks his head so low sometimes just to simply dodge incoming strikes and such actually help him get TD's because his opponent will think he's just moving his head, but he's actually shooting for a TD sometimes, so add that with his amazing timing on the shot, and you have one of the best TD artists in the sport today and throughout the history of the sport in general. It still wouldn't work against Aldo, though, his TDD is just way too good and he's physically much stronger than Cruz and insanely explosive.

If Aldo actually uses a bunch of kicks like he used to, he'd take away Cruz's footwork and it would also effect his ability to shoot for TD's as quickly and also effect him from pushing very much with the TD, too, his TD's will be slower and weaker due to the damage his legs have taken from Aldo's kicks. Aldo's kicks would be a huge factor in this fight if he chooses to use them, if he lands a couple really good ones, it will start taking effect on Cruz damn near immediately and those kicks alone will ruin the entire fight for Cruz.

It will completely fuck Cruz's offense and defense up. It will take his movement away, it will majorly effect his TD attempts - and although Cruz often doesn't throw much power (his movement is one of the reasons why that is), his punches will have even less power in them because his legs are fucked up. Taking really hard leg kicks can fuck up an entire fight for you in almost every single way. If Aldo can take away Cruz's movement alone, he'll be like a deer in headlights because he'll have no answer whatsoever for the rest of the fight and he'll probably get KTFO shortly after.

Aldo would hurt Cruz, he's the worst match in the world for him. Cruz won't be able to dance around Aldo for very long, he'll make Cruz suffer for even trying and he'd probably punch his head off of his tiny shoulders. Aldo takes this shit 50-45 or knocks him out within 3 rounds. I've always been a big fan of Cruz, he's amazing at what he does as I already said and I believe that very few people can beat him, but Aldo is one of those guys who can beat him and it wouldn't be close. Cruz is something special for his weight class in terms of talent, fight IQ, overall skill, etc, but I'd be extremely surprised if he somehow pulled a win out of his ass against Aldo.

I fear for Cruz's health in this one. I could seriously see Aldo severely injuring him and putting him on the shelf for a long ass time.

TL;DR:

Aldo would beat the fuck out of Cruz.

Last edited:
Conor Bless all those people that want superfights now.

I can't believe people are giving Cruz a chance in this.

50969495.jpg

Cuz we know there's BW and FW are both stuck in the mudd with DISTANT second place. and that interim title that Aldo has, is the REAL FW title, cuz there is no way this Leprechaun
siver1.jpg

can compete for Miss Auschwitz 2016, anymore.

Huge Cruz fan. Not sure he can beat Aldo after seeing the Jose in the second Edgar fight be immune to takedowns. Dom depends on a mixed attack and I think he'd be forced to stand and trade.

Not a winning formula against the speed, power, and vicious leg kicks of mustachioed Aldo. Will never count the man out though would love to see this fight.

Last edited:
Back