Jose Aldo on Dana White's call for body pads: 'Protection is for the weak!'

1) I think that if he were someone else that he would get a different reception for that mentality
2) Yall should be a bit more temperate respect both ways yata yata (I see what ya mean Daspeeit)
3) This all seems very personal for Aldo. When trash talked he kinda dives in, not sure if anyone before Chad or Conor has done so, I could be wrong. But he definitely seems emotional and feeling underappreciated, on the defensive

Or he's just decided to disagree on everything Dana says

So, what he's saying is that God has been sabotaging him his whole career?

His inability to stay healthy really reflects poorly on the quality of God's protection.

Facts are facts.

Aldo's body is weak.

If he had protection on his rib wouldn't have broke and we would have gotten to see an awesome fight.

But since Aldo is stubborn and doesn't want to train correctly he will forever be known as the pullout champion. its impossible to get excited for an aldo fight because you know its not gonna happen for at least 6 months after it was first scheduled.

Yes Aldos body is weak. The same guy whos been in 5 round wars with killers and Won.

You sound dumb bro.

No one in the UFC has a weak body. Even Cody Mcfrails body is most likely more durable than yours. These guys get kicked in the ribs and punched in the chest for fun/Money.

Keep going , hater.

He had to mention God.

Fine Jose, everybody is protected and f*cked by God then and that is why the God talk is meaningless.

its seriously a chore to listen to this guy.....

he aint the brightest

He had to mention God.

Fine Jose, everybody is protected and f*cked by God then and that is why the God talk is meaningless.

A Fedor fan shitting on another fighter for talking about God?

Like Aldo is gonna take training advice from some failed Boxercise instructor.
Boxercise Instructor says something obvious: "Don't take unnecessary risks in training 2 weeks before a fight."

Professional fighter responds: "I don't have to worry about that, God is protecting me. OOPS, I'm injured again!"

Yea, Aldo's got this figured out. No advice needed.

"I ask for God's protection and I'm protected."
*rib breaks*

SMDH

Aldo has an average of 2 fights per year since his WEC career. I dont think thats bad. Yeah he had to postpone a few fights due to injuries but thats what happens when you train with such intensity.
i was there live two times on his training. You have no idea how hard that is, the strenght they put up there, its scary. Maybe thats why he is one of the toughest (if not THE toughest) fighters out there.
he could EASILY fight at LW, I mean, easily. Reach could be a factor, but he would do just fine.

"Not for me. I ask for God's protection and I'm protected. The closer to reality, the better for me. Protection is for the weak. We have to be closer to reality."

I hope this was seriously mistranslated because that's bordering on insanity.

I think Aldo is talking shit because he wants Dana to Stitch him, so he won't have to fight Conor and can retire undefeated in the UFC.

I hope for Aldo's sake, he's just saying this in an attempt to piss off Dana. If he actually thinks that way, it's pretty scary how divorced from reality he is.

I think Aldo is talking shit because he wants Dana to Stitch him, so he won't have to fight Conor and can retire undefeated in the UFC.

I do not think that's the case. I think he wants that fight whether he believes he can win or not (he certainly does), if only for the huge payday. If he wanted to get fired, all he would have to do would be to declare war on Reebok.

Back