Media Jose Aldo kicking

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score

He got very good clean kicks for a MMA fighter

Aldo with kicks is pretty much a mythical beast at this point.

Sadly he does not throw much kicks. He seems happy to almost exclusevly box.

Dude has great kicks and underrated grappling. But he does not use it.

Why Aldo doesn't kick like that anymore I have no idea. I think he did a few against Frankie and he brought him down after only a few IIRC.

Thatta boy, get them all out in the gym, this way you don't have to throw any in the fight.

Knee injuries, he's mentioned it in an interview
I remember reading he underwent surgery for knee injuries but in this video it looks like it isn't even a factor. Just to throw a few leg kicks would discourage his opponents from rushing in on him I believe.

I remember reading he underwent surgery for knee injuries but in this video it looks like it isn't even a factor. Just to throw a few leg kicks would discourage his opponents from rushing in on him I believe.
“Many people asked why he didn’t kicked. Aldo has a leg injury, so he couldn’t throw kicks or run during his entire camp."

“That doesn’t take anything away from Max Holloway’s win, we don’t want to say that. It was even funny because we would go back (outside the Octagon) between rounds the crowd said ‘tell him to kick,’ but we, the cornermen, were the only aware of it. We avoided the kicks because of this injury. We were afraid it would strain his muscle.”
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/jose-aldo-didnt-use-arguably-dangerous-weapon-max-holloway-loss-126706

And one thing I've learned watching this sport is that leg injuries never go away. Once a fighter has them, they're forever. They might heal a bit but they're always lingering there and limiting athleticism, and always one wrong step or one wrong kick from tearing again.

yeah but he makes most of his opponents eat Arby's with his body blows

I remember when he used to use those in fights.

Good times those were.

I was counting on those kicks to chew McGregor's front leg up in their fight.

lol. when.i saw that KO i screamed so loud i woke up my 3 months old baby and her mama mean.mugged me i.was like : holy shit ! sorry

i.couldnt believe it
i.felt for aldo
ironically, though, after.his antics of brazilian.poor sportsmanship not admiting defeat, i.stopped being a fan

we will never see it again. most likely because he knows his chin isn't the same. fear of getting caught with a counter.

Back