Jose Aldo isn’t mentioned enough as a P4P Great by the company and others

Fighters that don’t speak English at all rarely get recognition. It even took Anderson Silva a while.

His chance was the Conor fight and he lost and now to casuals he’s just that guy who got knocked out in 13secs to Conor.

Were all human, meaning you're just gonna keep seeing these kinds of mistakes as time passes..

Casual / newer fans and the UFC don't give him enough credit, but the recent Sherdog poll which had almost 75% of the voters putting him above Khabib in the P4P Goat ranking is proof he's not forgotten to older fans at the very least.

Personally I have him at number 5 after the big 4 (GSP, Fedor, Jones, Anderson).

Not hating but heres few reasons:
Got beat up by Hominnick in the last round
Got beat up by Mendes (even though he won)
Got slept by Conor in 13 seconds.
The reason he got slept is because he was mentally fu$%@. (Goats dont get overwhelmed)
Lost to Max twice (no shame in that)
12:6 record in the ufc.
Doesnt speak english even though hes been fighting for over 10 years in the states. While my girl Valentina dropped 4 different languages on her post fight victory.
Still Respekto

I can tell you with absolute certainty I’ve sat here on sherdog and battled in the trenches with many posters convinced max Holloway is top 10 p4p all time, and is the 145 GOAT.

I think you’d be surprised. But I do think the fans who were present through the entire aldo run tend to lean his way
Question for you, sir Admin (EDIT: I mean "Senior Moderator"). I did a GOAT list collation (here), but couldn't find a sherdog list. Any reason why there isn't one?

My theory is that GOAT is so subjective, the best solution is to get an average of many (collective wisdom). But it got added to the larger GOAT thread instantly so no one ever saw it - such is my luck with new sherdog threads.

People look at me like a speed addict, when I say he’s better than Khabib.

Get rid of the ped cheats and he is certainly in the top 3.
Very well could be. That’s where it all gets subjective. GSP, Fedor, Johnson, Aldo…some may even put Triple C that high. Either way he is rightfully at the top of most Goats list.

He might be the most all around skilled fighter ever. Great hands, kicks, knees. Great lateral movement and pivots (one of the only fighters actually good at this), great head movement. An explosive double when he chose to use it. GOAT TDD. And the few times we saw him go to the ground, he looked like amazing

Cardio wasn't great and the Conor fight kinda made people underrated him though. One of the best to ever do it. If he didn't fight emotional against Conor, we may be talking about him as the GOAT

Very well could be. That’s where it all gets subjective. GSP, Fedor, Johnson, Aldo…some may even put Triple C that high. Either way he is rightfully at the top of most Goats list.
I was thinking more about the UFC. So, I kind of always forget about Fedor (nothing personal). As for Cejudo. The guy was gifted the decision in the rematch with DJ, imo. But that was what it was. But, he was one of the biggest cherry pickers I’ve ever seen. We still haven’t seen him face the elite at 135. I’m not convinced he can actually beat those guys. And he walked away before actually facing them. That’s why free TS aren’t a real measure of what anybody can actually do. I might be a little harsh on the guy. But, he is welcome to prove me wrong.

To me the true test will always be in numerous title defences. Where the target is squarely on your back. And you have to fight the next guy in line every single time. No cherry picking. No worrying about money fights. Just proving over, and over again that you really are the best in the world.

Aldo, DJ, GSP, etc did that for many years. Get rid of the ped cheats, and it’s pretty hard to not have Aldo in the top 3. Certainly in the top 5, no matter how you slice it. His losses are however an issue. But, he is the clear FW GOAT, imo. If he could somehow win the title at 135. That would be quite an accomplishment.

I can’t disagree with what you said. I always seem to forget that Henry didn’t have that many title defenses. I also think that DJ won the rematch as well.

I think a big reason is because he was in his prime when he lost to Conor and Max and was finished in all 3 fights. I personally think that Aldo is an all-time great because of his dominate streak and skillset, but I can see an argument against it because of those 3 fights alone. Nobody that is in discussion as a p4p great was finished in their prime.

He was far from his prime in those fights.

Lol even bj penn gets more attention for p4p in his prime

Aldo
Barao
Silva

There was a point in mma history where we actually wondered if ANYONE would beat them

Aldo suffered some setbacks, but being the savage that he is, reinvented himself and now on the cusp or title contention once again

Real ones know what Aldo has done

“The company” promotes the next big thing. And bashed whoever is on the way out. It’s just business. As far as fans, most ppl adore Adlo. And for good reason.

“The company” promotes the next big thing. And bashed whoever is on the way out. Aldo never got a push because he didn’t sell. It’s just business. As far as fans, most ppl adore Adlo. And for good reason.

Back