Jose Aldo is so slept on and disrespected

He basically lost to only 2 people in 14 years...

Jose Aldo is better than Jon Jones.

his skill level is way higher, he just happens to fight in a division that's full of animals, while Jon is fighting in a division full of old men that he enjoys having a reach advantage on.
Skill for skill at peak the arguments for best rounded fighter (not fighter with the most discrete skills) are Aldo, DJ, Fedor, Jones and GSP in my opinion. Certainly a great argument can be made for any if you ask me, but I understand feeling strongly in one direction or another

Connor studied several videos of Aldo’s fights and saw Aldo has a habit of rushing in to bang with opponents. That was Aldo’s major mistake against Connor.

his mistake was leading with the left hook. had he threw his right hand instead of feinting it, he'd have hit Conor way before Conor hit him.

Aldo is absolutely one of the greatest to ever compete in mma.

To be able to have longevity like he did at 145, 10 years undefeated streak against the guys he fought like Chad Mendes, Frankie Edgar, Mike Brown, Swanson, Faber, TKZ, etc, it was one of the best runs in mma.

I have him number 5 all time

Jones, Silva, GSP, Fedor, Aldo, DC, DJ, BJ Penn, Hendo

One of my favorite videos of Aldo outside of the cage:

His happiness is impossible for him to contain, which illustrates how far of a journey he's taken from the poverty he was born into.

Skill for skill at peak the arguments for best rounded fighter (not fighter with the most discrete skills) are Aldo, DJ, Fedor, Jones and GSP in my opinion. Certainly a great argument can be made for any if you ask me, but I understand feeling strongly in one direction or another

i don't know. i rate Jones as the LHW GOAT but GSP, DJ, and Aldo have a better all around skill set.

Jones is missing a giant part, which is his hands. he does have good hand fighting skills and able to keep the correct distance but his boxing defense is questionable and so is his boxing offense.

Connor studied several videos of Aldo’s fights and saw Aldo has a habit of rushing in to bang with opponents. That was Aldo’s major mistake against Connor.
Not a fan of Conor's, but it was impressive how he planned that out. The video of him before the fight preparing for that specific counter is great. I would've loved to see a rematch

Aldo is the perfect litmus test to see who's been watching and understanding MMA for a while and who only got into it because of Conor.

Aldo is a Legend....

But Jones should not be on any P4P list..........how can people still consider him the "Greatest" after he cheated "TWICE"....and did coke....?!?!

Everybody deserves to be forgiven, everybody deserves seconds chances.......but just consider him the GOAT like nothing happen is absurd.....he is a cheater.....

......just like Cejudo said " This is not baseball.......life and health is at risk with these type of acts"...

Use to be Jon Jones fan....but twice?!?...really?!?............F*** Jones!

LIST KEEPS GROWING !!

LEGENDS TO RATS:

- JON JONES
- TJ
- ANDERSON SILVA

There was a time in MMA history where people honestly weren't sure who was better, Jose Aldo or Jon Jones.

I agree with your premise that Aldo doesn't get the respect he deserves from a lot of fans, but this is false. There was never a time when Aldo was considered the #1 p4p over Jones.

Jon Jones destroyed Shogun in March 2011 and was the undisputed king of MMA. Jose made his UFC debut in April 2011 in a very hotly contested, close fight with journeyman Mark Hominick. Aldo never caught up with Jones.

Couldn’t care less about what people think on where he should be in their GOAT list.

He is the FW GOAT.

Dude always played the game his own way and he paid the price for it a 100%.

Never got a chance to fight above as a champion.

The fuckery ZUFFA made him go through with that “world tour”.

The mockery the “fans” put him through after a loss he never had a fair chance to take it back.

People here gave him a death note so many times after the Conor fight.
Fighting Edgar again ?
“He is done”
Stephens?
“He is getting KTFO!”
Moicano?
“To much for Aldo”

One of the main reasons why i like Max Holloway so much(besides him being a bad Mofo)is the amount of respect he have for Aldo.

Gave him a fair chance to take that belt back and just for that if Max ever passes Aldos record as a champion i will be happy.

the best skill set in a fighter i have ever come across.

Had he being born American the crowd would idolize him for his demeanor aswell.
Most of the time people who translate for him don’t do a good job.

It is what it is,he will be forgotten by the riffraff that watch MMA nowadays.

On my list he secured his position as one of the best ever.

i don't know. i rate Jones as the LHW GOAT but GSP, DJ, and Aldo have a better all around skill set.

Jones is missing a giant part, which is his hands. he does have good hand fighting skills and able to keep the correct distance but his boxing defense is questionable and so is his boxing offense.
I can concede that that is a good argument.

I agree with your premise that Aldo doesn't get the respect he deserves from a lot of fans, but this is false. There was never a time when Aldo was considered the #1 p4p over Jones.

Jon Jones destroyed Shogun in March 2011 and was the undisputed king of MMA. Jose made his UFC debut in April 2011 in a very hotly contested, close fight with journeyman Mark Hominick. Aldo never caught up with Jones.

Maybe not a widespread belief, but Aldo's fanbase thought that before his losses. I've seen it here on Sherdog plenty, back when it was thought to be a tossup between Jones, Silva, GSP, and Aldo at the time. This picked up after Silva lost to Weidman.

Aldo is absolutely one of the greatest to ever compete in mma.

To be able to have longevity like he did at 145, 10 years undefeated streak against the guys he fought like Chad Mendes, Frankie Edgar, Mike Brown, Swanson, Faber, TKZ, etc, it was one of the best runs in mma.

I have him number 5 all time

Jones, Silva, GSP, Fedor, Aldo, DC, DJ, BJ Penn, Hendo

Man i forgot that he merked Swanson.

Not by consensus no, but there was an argument. Aldo's tendency to just give away the final round and Jones thorough destruction of the LHW division were the main reasons that Jones pulled ahead. But the argument was there close to the start of both their reigns, and 100% people thought Aldo was better before the Shogun fight. People thought Aldo was an upgraded version of Anderson Silva. While Jones was wild and unorthodox, Aldo for a time looked like he could be the model for an MMA textbook, with his own dynamic offense as well.

Aldo gassed hard and got beat up in that last round. Hominick put it on him, go back and watch. That was not the domination the UFC wanted.
Last round yea , that was it. Gsp had Hendricks, Jones had gus. Both gate keeper level at best. He ran through everyone after that until conor

People thought Aldo was an upgraded version of Anderson Silva.

who-are-these-people.jpg

Back