Jose Aldo is never going to lose in his prime

The universal age for passing your prime for mma is 35. Give or take a couple of years due to everyone being different. But i realized silva was out of his prime way before the weidman fight. Watch silva fight leben, franklin, forrest, and tell me its the same fighter who fought okami. His reflexes, speed, and chin has been diminished when he fought weidman. At 38 years of age if you dont think he was out of his prime when he fought weidman then you are living in your own world.

How the hell did u figure that when Silva destroyed all of his opponents in spectacular fashion up until the 1st Weidman fight?
It's easy for u to come up with your own conclusion based on the outcome of both fights, although I bet you'd still believe Anderson was in his prime had he beat Weidman.
And what do u say of an at the time 40 year old Randy finishing a 34 year old (still considered in his prime) Chuck @ UFC 43?
Regarding Silva, what u refer to as 'prime' I simply refer to as 'desire' as I believe Anderson did not give a fuck coming in to the 1st Weidman fight, totally overlooked & disrespected the Chris.
The 2nd fight was a freak accident, everyone knows that.
In conclusion, your statement is completely idiotic as Silva, being the elusive fighter he is, took minimal damage for the majority of his career.

Everybody loses eventually. Chad is a tough fight for Jose. Going to be an interesting fight.

If he best Mendez who I believe is his biggest threat.....i don't see anyone beating him

Yes Mendez has a great skill set. He can get Aldo down and hold him there. He'll get his chance to bury Jos

I have been re watching his fights lately because of this new hype train for Renan Barao that was started by Dana White and of course like the sheeps you shertards are, you also jumped on that train in thinking he's better then Aldo.

I watched Aldo's fights and I have come to the conclusion that Jose Aldo is the greatest fighter of all time for the first 3 rounds. For the first 3 rounds, there is not a single fighter that is or was as good as Aldo is.

Jose Aldo will either finish you early or win the first 3 rounds no matter what. No body in the lighter weight divisions are as skilled in the first 3 rounds as jose aldo is. And no one is as skilled to finish him off in the last 2 rounds.

Hop off of Baraos hype train folks. Aldo is still p4p #1 no matter if you think hes boring. I'll take Aldo's technical stand up over GSP's bunny humps anydays of the week because striking takes more skill then staying in someones guard.

Aldo will never be p4p #1 unless he stops ducking LW

He has a VERY tough challenge ahead of him in Chad Mendes. Yeah he knocked him out the first time, but we'll see if he can do it again. Mendes has sick wrestling and cardio for days. His stand-up has also improved leaps and bounds since their first fight.

He has a VERY tough challenge ahead of him in Chad Mendes. Yeah he knocked him out the first time, but we'll see if he can do it again. Mendes has sick wrestling and cardio for days. His stand-up has also improved leaps and bounds since their first fight.

couldn't strike with LENTZ and gassed in the second.

Also is better than Barao because he has Better takedowns... Everything else is equal IMO except leg kicks and speed which both contribute to his better takedowns

Andy Wang in his prime vs Aldo in his prime would be a BARN BURNER

I agree 100%.

A lot of people on Sherdog got this huge hate when it comes to Jose.

I mean, wtf? How can witnessing perfect striking techniques and incredible TDD be boring?

I bet those are the Diego vs Melendez for fight of the decade advocates.

Yes. And BJ Penn is the best fighter of all time during the first round.
Motivated BJ Penn is still undefeated.

Unfortunately though fights for the belt are full 5 rds.

Last edited:
That depends on if he is allowed to continue to cheat against Chadwick Mendes by holding the fence over and over. Most champions get to cheat these dayz.

People used to say the same thing about a Prime Andy Wang. Eventually though a fighter loses on the tail of their prime.

Back