jose aldo? how many times a year does this guy even fight???

BADBOYKILLA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I mean seriously hes a champ and supposed to be p4p one of the best out there and the guy fights a light schedule almost like gsp did for a while... any thoughts

He's going to have his second fight of the year in August. Which is just about the amount most champs seem to have these days.

My thoughts are you should just click on fight finder and search "Jose Aldo" and you could see how many times he's fought a year without having to ask the question.

His second fight of 2014 is August and it was thought he would be going to 155 after Lamas for a while. he could easily get a 3rd fight in this year.

Edit: When he fights on August 2nd he will have fought 3 times in the space of a year.

August 3rd 2013 - Korean Zombie
February 1st 2014 - Ricardo Lamas
August 2nd 2014 - Chad Mendes

He also had a crotch rocket injury that kept him out for a lot of 2012.

Typically 2-3 times a year like the rest of the active champions.

Cain, Pettis, and Cruz are far less active.

there's this website called sherdog where you can see exactly how many times he fights a year every year. it's pretty cool.

Wikipedia, Sherdog, UFC.com... these are websites you can use to look up a fighter's history.

To address your point, Aldo has fought 9 times in the past 4.5 years; each fight was a title fight. That is two fights per year on average, and he was injured for six months in 2012. He has also been more active than several fighters who held UFC gold, namely Cain, Anderson, GSP, Evans and Cruz. Also, he has fought the same number of times as Frankie Edgar, JDS, Machida and Shogun. It seems to me as if he is equally or more active than many successful UFC fighters.

His title defence frequency is nothing unusual. Also, he's fought and comfortably beaten all of the top contenders. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he fights McGregor at the end of the year, assuming McGregor wins his next two fights.

Your an idiot TS.

Its not like Aldo is choosing to take 7 months off... the UFC basically tells him when he is going to fight and where

His title defence frequency is nothing unusual. Also, he's fought and comfortably beaten all of the top contenders. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he fights McGregor at the end of the year, assuming McGregor wins his next two fights.

:rolleyes:

I mean seriously hes a champ and supposed to be p4p one of the best out there and the guy fights a light schedule almost like gsp did for a while... any thoughts

Pettis hasn't defended his belt once, Cain won't defend his till this fall, and for some reason you target Aldo as having a light schedule?

The guy has cleared out his division. He's having to fight guys for a second time

Your an idiot TS.

Come-on-son_zps3cf36a3a.jpg

Wikipedia, Sherdog, UFC.com... these are websites you can use to look up a fighter's history.

To address your point, Aldo has fought 9 times in the past 4.5 years; each fight was a title fight. That is two fights per year on average, and he was injured for six months in 2012. He has also been more active than several fighters who held UFC gold, namely Cain, Anderson, GSP, Evans and Cruz. Also, he has fought the same number of times as Frankie Edgar, JDS, Machida and Shogun. It seems to me as if he is equally or more active than many successful UFC fighters.

Lol? Evans was champion for all of 5 months. How is he even in the discussion for active champions?

Back