Jose Aldo: Has he ever said how he mentally deals with cutting?

Footwork333

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys, Aldo is one of my favorite fighters, but I still can't believe how much weight he cuts for fights. He must go through torture to make 145.

Has he ever answered questions on how he mentally deals with the hard work and pain of cutting so much weight?

I can't believe how much weight he cuts bc he doesnt look like he walks around at 175 plus, i am 175 and 6'0 lol. He isn't jacked like lombard or woodley either.

There was a weight cut video of his on youtube and his facial expression made him look absolutely miserable. And when he spoke, it was very low and labored, like he had to muster up all his strength just to utter a few words. Never wanna go through that.

I watched one of the UFC all access shows about him and he was cutting in that episode.
He is not a very friendly dude by the end of it and is just very obviously suffering in a big way to get the last few pounds off.
I'm not talking about, "stubbed my toe" suffering.
I'm talking about, "mental breakdown questioning the point of life or even existing on this planet for another moment" suffering.

Doesn't Barao cut like 7/8 pounds more than Jos

Says the guy not cutting weight. How do you know he walks around at 161? Just curious because I've always wondered what his walk around weight was.

161 was reported as his rehydrated (aka fight night) weight on a brazilian newspaper for his Lamas fight.
Walk around weight doesn't really matters, dieting weight down is not part of cutting.

Says the guy not cutting weight. How do you know he walks around at 161? Just curious because I've always wondered what his walk around weight was.

I used to shed 12-13 pounds in my day to make weight for meets and wrestle hours after

I remember reading somewhere where Barao weighed at 159 and Aldo at 161 the day after weigh ins

I watched one of the UFC all access shows about him and he was cutting in that episode.
He is not a very friendly dude by the end of it and is just very obviously suffering in a big way to get the last few pounds off.
I'm not talking about, "stubbed my toe" suffering.
I'm talking about, "mental breakdown questioning the point of life or even existing on this planet for another moment" suffering.

Is being suicidal a common reaction to weight cutting?

He texted me the other day. He said he hates it so much hes moving to 155 after he loses to Chad.

Back