José Aldo: top 3 most dangerous knees in the game. Do you agree or disagree?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
People talk about Aldo's leg kicks which were obviously devastating, and his godly takedown defense. But imo he had one of the most dangerous knees in the game, along with Silva
silva%20v%20franklin%20broken%20nose.gif
giphy.gif

and Overeem.
Lkqhg3.gif
giphy.gif

Aldo's lethal knees.
tenor.gif

tumblr_ndyptsLijY1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

Li13DEM.gif
aldo-knee-comp.gif

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Shogun's knees are far more dangerous.

Fairly sure those things could split in half if he walked too hard.

Anderson
Overeem
Wanderlei
Shogun
Aldo

Hard to choose. Machida throws a beautiful knee to the body every so often. The Tito fight for example.

Bisping too. He swarms hurt fighters with dozens of knees and overwhelms them.

P4P, some of the best knees in the business.

Unfortunately, the division grew much taller, making Aldo's knees not as effective as the WEC days.

MVP caving in cyborg Santos skull tops EVERYTHING.....

Unfortunately, the division grew much taller, making Aldo's knees not as effective as the WEC days.
That might have played a part I don´t know, but imo it has more to do with the way he changed his figting style (more boxing oriented).

That might have played a part I don´t know, but imo it has more to do with the way he changed his figting style (more boxing oriented).

Aldo's knees are usually flying knees or single knees countering guys coming in. Obviously less effective when dealing with taller opponents.

MVP caving in cyborg Santos skull tops EVERYTHING.....
That was incredible, very brutal...... but imo i think we need to see a little more than 1 knee KO to include him as a top 3 most dangerous knee in the whole game. But if he does that again, it's gonna be hard to deny him.

Anyone remember Joachim Hansen?

15n886a.jpg

tumblr_mevwc7iKKi1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

0df1c4096376a9c6a9c32d7b0394ef62_w200.gif

Imanari telegraphed that leg dive against the worst possible opponent..

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-2_15-23-54.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-2_15-23-54.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 5
That was incredible, very brutal...... but imo i think we need to see a little more than 1 knee KO to include him as a top 3 most dangerous knee in the whole game. But if he does that again, it's gonna be hard to deny him.

Just saying thus far in the history of MMA that knee is the most brutal single shot.

Aldo's knees are usually flying knees or single knees countering guys coming in. Obviously less effective when dealing with taller opponents.
That makes sense, but besides Holloway, he hasn´t really faced any of those new tall guys like Ortega, Moicano, Zabit, etc, that´s why I say it has more to do with his style than anything else.

That makes sense, but besides Holloway, he hasn´t really faced any of those new tall guys like Ortega, Moicano, Zabit, etc, that´s why I say it has more to do with his style than anything else.

Jung
Lamas
McGregor
Holloway
Hominick
Florian.

Basically all the guys in the UFC except Mendes and Edgar.

Cant believe Romero hasnt been mentioned. His knees are so devastating, especially in the third.

C5Qr.gif

source.gif

Anyone remember Joachim Hansen?

15n886a.jpg

tumblr_mevwc7iKKi1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

0df1c4096376a9c6a9c32d7b0394ef62_w200.gif

Imanari telegraphed that leg dive against the worst possible opponent..
I love how he just casually hits them with a knee of doom and then walks away like nothing happened.

*Bam!!* "There you go. Have a nice day."

Back