Jorge Masvidal Wants to 'Torture' Ben Askren

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
jorge-masvidal.png

“I don’t like this dude, man,” Masvidal said on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast. “I want to break his f*ckin’ face, I want to break his f*ckin’ rib cage. And I don’t want to knock him out early on. I just want to torture that guy, man. If I get the chance to torture that guy for 14 minutes and 50 seconds before I stop ’em… That’s what I’m gonna do, man.

“I just don’t like this dude. I met him a long time ago, he’s a f*ckin’ prick, man. There’s not too many people that I genuinely dislike – he’s one of them. If I was to see him right now… Probably wouldn’t be too friendly of a greeting, you know?”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/ufc-239-jorge-masvidal-i-want-to-break-ben-askrens-fckin-face/

The longer the fight goes, the much more likely it is that Jorge is the one being tortured.

EarnestAcclaimedFlyingsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

4_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif

working on those ribs from the bottom

This all translates to “five years ago Ben came to our gym and he held me down for five minutes and I couldn’t move so now I don’t like him”

Can't wait until Masvidal gets dominated for 15min. Or choked out. Either way, I'm fine with it.

I wanna see masvidal try to outwrestle Askren, lol

Ben Askren is so overrated right now so 95% of people will say he'll beat Masvidal. In fact I can't remember the last time Masvidal was the favorite to win any fight. But I see him TKOing ole Benny.

Actually pretty bizarre how overhyped Askren is right now considering this and the non decisive "finish".

XLo5ZV.gif

I haven't seen good enough TDD from Masvidal to think that he doesn't get taken down and controlled for the majority of their fight. And he normally doesn't have one punch KO power. Against Till it was an all striking fight in which he had all the time needed to find that one punch. Against Askren most likely he will have limited looks at trying to hurt Ben before he is clinched with and outwrestled. He could win but I wouldn't bet on it. Bad style fight for him I think.

Easier said than done. Much more likely it's the other way around.

Askren does come across as a smug douchebag in all fairness.

Torture him? what is he going to do, pepper him with bad fast food trash talk for 5 rounds?

I guess Masvidal doesn't remember his fight against Demian Maia.

Ben Askren is so overrated right now so 95% of people will say he'll beat Masvidal. In fact I can't remember the last time Masvidal was the favorite to win any fight. But I see him TKOing ole Benny.

Actually pretty bizarre how overhyped Askren is right now considering this and the non decisive "finish".

XLo5ZV.gif
he was fucked either way, and bulldog chokes can actually bend the spine and shit if not stopped soon enough so it was understandable why herb dean made the decision he made, the choke also happened in a very awkward position for herb dean so that didnt help either. Referees got a hard job my guy. I am still shocked though that herb dean didnt stop the fight after he got dropped on his fucking head and was out for a second, lol

The longer the fight goes, the much more likely it is that Jorge is the one being tortured.

EarnestAcclaimedFlyingsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

4_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif

Ben hasnt evolved past those HL reels though. The Jorge he is gonna be facing next wrecks those guys Bens riding.

Ive been watching Ben his whole Bellator career, even got to watch him warm up backstage when I cornered a Bellator fight when he faced Hieron. Ben was doing some impressive strength drills but thats it, he doesnt even practice striking.

I understand he can grapplefuck any WW out there but I personally enjoy him getting lit up instead. And I like most grapplers, at least the ones that are willing to at least improve their standup game over a course of a long damn career.

I like Masvidal, but this is a terrible matchup for him. He couldn't stop Maia's takedowns, so it seems likely that Askren would take him down at will.

Ben Askren has bigger challenges in his way before he fights you Jorge. Wait your turn.

Askren will handle Masvidal. He ate everything Robbie threw at him and Mas don’t have that sorta power.

Back