Media Jorge Masvidal: Usman couldn't do anything to me. Usman is a coward.

Full camp Masvidal will still lose to Usman. Usman by KO this time in the standup. MARK MY WORDS.

jorge is dumber than he looks

usman fought both colby and edwards, woodley too.
mas does not want that smoke.

First, acknowledge this is all marketing. That is the most important thing to take away: Masvidal was world class and toiling away with shitty pay living in apartments, until he found an opening. Now his job is to market and earn as much money as possible in the last years of his career.

Regarding the fight, what Masvidal is saying here is a hyperbolic statement of the the truth. One judge gave the first round to Masvidal, and it was clearly competitive. Jorge had no camp and his gas tank was gone by round 2. Despite this, Marty put on an absolute stinker wall and stall.

It was brutally boring to watch and Marty risk averse and point fighting. He isn't 'mean' and avoided kickboxing at all costs. When both guys were fresh, he was the lesser striker.

Marty is a solid favorite in the rematch and Masvidal is a live dog. I would bet a substantial amount of money Masvidal has more success with a training camp.

Last edited:
UFC has the worst matchmakers in the history of the world. 1) it is not a competitive fight 2) Masvidal doesn't deserve it 3) another loss kills off Masvidal, the current biggest star in the division. The way to do it would have been Usman fighting Edwards and Covington back to back and hope one of them beats him then Masvidal could have faced that guy in a much bigger fight.

Usman made him look like a rape victim who felt hopeless for 25 minutes.

Everyone thinks this is a easy fight for Usman but the way I see it, setting aside the short notice, Usman did way way more damage to champ Woodley, #1 Colby, & #2 Burns than he did to Jorge.

I expected Usman to easily take down Jorge & badly ground & pound him to eventually finish him. Instead, I saw Usman struggling to get him down & even when he did, almost every time Jorge got up without taking barely any damage. Yes, the likely result is 50-45 Usman, but I think its a dangerous fight because Jorge is probably the most capable of somehow KO'ing Usman than anyone else

Usman's improving. I don't see this going well for Masvidal. More damage this time.

"Usman couldn't do anything against me!"

- the guy who got completely shut down for five rounds, being unable to do anything

idk who to root for, was a big fan of Masvidal prior to him selling out and showing his hypocrisy. But Usman is so unlikeable.

I guess for the division it would be great if Usman finishes Masvidal. Ideally by KO. Then Colby can retire Masvidal. and hopefully Leon beats the shit outta Nate to the point of retirement.

If that was true he would have fought Colby already...he's wants nothing to do with Colby and that's obvious. Also I hate Colby.

I think he may be overconfident because he barely trained and did ok against Usman, but Usman will also be better prepared for Mas this time.

why would he fight Colby when he might be able to talk his way into another title shot? Colby is an unnecessary risk if he’s trying to get the belt.

The man is promoting a fight. Calm down.

I literally can't remember anything about that fight except Masvidal opened Round 1 with a wicked leg kick.

Usman is a coward. Only cowards do footstomps. If he was allowed to he'd probably pull hair, eye gouge, fish hook, small join manipulation, groin shots, etc. I cannot take Usman seriously as an mma fighter because of those footstomps.

Usman is a coward. Only cowards do footstomps. If he was allowed to he'd probably pull hair, eye gouge, fish hook, small join manipulation, groin shots, etc. I cannot take Usman seriously as an mma fighter because of those footstomps.
lol

Nothing about any of that shit is cowardly. Its vicious. That is a good trait to have as a fighter,to constantly harass the opponent at any oppurtunity.

Jorge isn't top 5 in the division right now; Usman is the 3rd greatest WW ever.

50-45

Usman is rematching a journeyman hypejob and people are gonna look at his legacy and claim masvidalx2 LOL so just let Masq talk the fight up and believe the hype

Masvidal flying knee KO 0:15

Usman should've finished jorgie boy off the first time around but instead took the safe route to a super boring decision.

I'm all for masdival making his money, gangster persona and shit but it's getting real old. This is coming from a guy who has supported him since day one.

You are only as good as your last fight and those fights with askren and diaz can get you only so far.

Back