Media Jorge Masvidal: Usman couldn't do anything to me. Usman is a coward.

I mean he doesn't even mention finishing anyone ... The idea that an MMA fighter, never mind a Champion MMA fighter is afraid to hurt people and is a coward is obviously just ridiculous.
I agree, that is ridiculous. He just beat the crap out of one of his friends in Burns. Although I think Usman felt really bad when Burns started crying.

I like Usman, he seems like a good guy.

<YeahOKJen>
1200.jpg
Fake pic

I agree, that is ridiculous. He just beat the crap out of one of his friends in Burns. Although I think Usman felt really bad when Burns started crying.

I like Usman, he seems like a good guy.
Me too, I didn't used to but he's grown on me a lot over time, and I get the impression he is with other people as well.. And not just because he's finishing fights.

The whole mental preparation Usman went though to fight one of his close friends is something Masvidal is apparently "scared" himself to do with Colby.

Ive been a big Gamebred fan from a long time ago but since the Askren knee he has kinda sold out and gone all comercial. I don't blame him because he is getting the biggest pay cheques of his life but as much as I hate his new persona I still hopes he gets the belt.

I agree he sold out but it's not It's not since Askren. It's since the "three piece and a Soda" shtick. He's become the exact guy he always used to claim to hate and what he claimed in interviews to hate about MMA.

I'm usually left in an internal conflict after listening to him. Half of me is infatuated with his charisma and ruthlessness, and the other half is put off by the feeling that he's stuck in a middle school mentality.

You know trying to out gangster a lifelong wrestler like Usman is just corny to me - You don't have to go that route with that guy, do it to someone else who thinks they're street, not a dude who was a collegiate athlete.

Ive been a big Gamebred fan from a long time ago but since the Askren knee he has kinda sold out and gone all comercial. I don't blame him because he is getting the biggest pay cheques of his life but as much as I hate his new persona I still hopes he gets the belt.
Yeah it was pretty lame he was justifying his hatred of Askren cause he talked shit online. Soon as he finished with Askren he started doing exactly what he tried justifying hating on others with. Pretty big hypocrite move

It's hilarious that almost all of you pretend that Usman obliterated Masvidal. Heres a reality check for your dumbasses: Apart from headbutts, Usman practically did ZERO damage. He walled and stalled and played footsie. Watch the fight again. Masvidal defended a lot of takedowns even on short notice. With a bigger gastank he fucks him up "on gang" as Usman says. Cant wait to see yall backtrack

It's hilarious that almost all of you pretend that Usman obliterated Masvidal. Heres a reality check for your dumbasses: Apart from headbutts, Usman practically did ZERO damage. He walled and stalled and played footsie. Watch the fight again. Masvidal defended a lot of takedowns even on short notice.
iu

50-45

I thought about this and it might be far fetched, but Usman performs at his best and fights more intelligently when people root against him.
Examples:
- Woodley fight was a damn near perfect performance, everyone was back on the T-Wood after he beat Till and rooting for him.
- Jorge fight, everyone wanted Jorge to win at UFC 251 and have a real underdog story. He played it safe due to not game planning for Masvidal and didn't want to take unnecessary risks.
- Burns, people thought he was the perfect style to counter Usman's. Usman had a damn near perfect gamplan.

An example of people rooting for Usman to win:
- Colby, everyone only rooted for Usman due to Colby's trash talking storm. Every fan was supporting Usman. Usman decided to not use his clinch or wrestling throughout the fight to prove he could knock out Colby. This got him stunned and it was a grueling 5 round fight. I honestly think Usman could've overpowered Colby in the clinch and on the ground easily. I support this theory by comparing their performances against RDA.

Now people are heavily rooting for him to beat Jorge and many think he can KO Jorge. Mainly due to Jorge's behavior since the last fight. Usman said he wants a finish, which is very difficult against a smart veteran like Masvidal.
I believe there's strong possibility Usman drinks his own Kool-Aid and stays standing with Jorge for a longer period to prove a point. This could be his downfall and while his jab is great, Jorge was able to counter it in the 1st fight.

Great analysis sherbro, you expanded on my thoughts. I really do think this way, Jorge hasn’t been finished in like 12 years, only loses decisions. He’s been Ko 1 time and he was up immediately after the hit and arguably fight should not have been stopped. Yes he got caught in 2 submissions in like 50 pro fights. Jorge doesn’t get credit for how good he really is. And if Usman wants to stand and bang with him, he will regret it. Jorge is savvy enough to even let Usman get the better of him a few times, just to set something up later. these sherbros calling him a journeyman don’t appreciate what he has done in his career.

Jorge didn’t do shit in that fight but brawl like a dog and got totally shut the fuck down. Usman did everything but put his finger in Jorge’s asshole and he’s still talking shit, ready to take another ass whopping

You know trying to out gangster a lifelong wrestler like Usman is just corny to me - You don't have to go that route with that guy, do it to someone else who thinks they're street, not a dude who was a collegiate athlete.
Interesting take. It reminds me of Tank Abbott when he first came into the UFC and said everyone was soft with their tapouts and gi's and belts. Later, I'm pretty sure he ended up tapping due to strikes against Vitor.

Jorge didn’t do shit in that fight but brawl like a dog and got totally shut the fuck down. Usman did everything but put his finger in Jorge’s asshole and he’s still talking shit, ready to take another ass whopping
Zero. Damage. Youre all blind I swear lmao. I wish I could be as easily impressed as you simpletons. "Oh wow, he's holding him against the cage, I wish I could suck Usmans dick rn"

Great analysis sherbro, you expanded on my thoughts. I really do think this way, Jorge hasn’t been finished in like 12 years, only loses decisions. He’s been Ko 1 time and he was up immediately after the hit and arguably fight should not have been stopped. Yes he got caught in 2 submissions in like 50 pro fights. Jorge doesn’t get credit for how good he really is. And if Usman wants to stand and bang with him, he will regret it. Jorge is savvy enough to even let Usman get the better of him a few times, just to set something up later. these sherbros calling him a journeyman don’t appreciate what he has done in his career.
Thanks bro.
To add on Usman taking this fight 2 months after the Burns fight might be showing him being cocky. Usman is a hard worker, but people are overrating his standup after the Burns fight.
Even though I don't like Masvidal that much anymore, he still has the skills to beat great fighters and shouldn't be underestimated by Usman.

Watched that a couple nights ago. Maybe I hit the perfect ratio of beer and weed to make me the right kind of retarded but I enjoyed most of the interview , was actually starting to convince me that he'll "baptise" Usman or whatever the fuck .
Same. I was half drunk lot stoned and was like I’ll check it out. Put it on the TV. Ole lady was half listening and was like man this guys really full of himself. She watches the fights with me and remembers Masvidal ko Askren and also Usman 50-45 him.

Masvidal does talk too much and he’s likely gonna lose 50-45 again.

Conors gonna lose DP again and Jorge and Conor will fight for the Ultimate loser belt. Winner gets the long awaited rematch with Nate Diaz.

If Usman were a coward, he wouldn't be rematching Mas. By rematching him, he is giving Masvidal the opportunity to show that when fully prepared, he can beat him. The opposite of cowardice.

Weirdly, many in other threads have denounced the rematch because they think Usman is cherry picking. In other words, the cowardice is supposed to be his fighting Mas instead of a tougher opponent.

Haters gonna hate.

So when is he going to fight Colby or Leon

Zero. Damage. Youre all blind I swear lmao. I wish I could be as easily impressed as you simpletons. "Oh wow, he's holding him against the cage, I wish I could suck Usmans dick rn"

Who won the fight you little bitter Masvidal fangirl.

Look at you, crying over a grown man. Don’t watch this fight because it’ll break your lil dog heart.

Full camp Mas will get dominated again 50-45

Can't blame any fighter for smacktalking his way up to the paychecks, the bald buttfucked cueball cuts fighters for not being "entertaining" enough for his liking.

...He was going to cut Colby at one point for being a "boring" fighter if i'm not mistaken.

I'm hoping for footstomps 25 minutes just to see Uncle Fester cry
Scored was 49-46 with 6 days training camp ! I don't know if Mas will win this fight but he had his chance

Back