News Jorge Masvidal "UFC is making the BMF belt... it was Nate's idea..."

70344477_430485184228043_8832043236408845013_n.jpg

Lol @ anybody thinking there was ever any “legitimacy” in cage fighting. This is sheer entertainment with a hint of “sport” thrown in to set itself apart enough from something like WWE.

I say bring on the absurdity of a BMF title! Shits n’ giggles.,..

Man, MMA fans. I feel like for years people whined and bitch about Diaz getting no love from the ufc. Now he's blown up, getting a ppv main even spot (without Conor) and even got Dana to take up on one of his ideas and get a belt made for him (finally getting a little shine from ufc) and all everyone seems to do is complain about it.

Was confirmed by Dana: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/9/...d-done-for-jorge-masvidal-vs-nate-diaz-winner

Seems like BMF is legit. Did Dana take credit for Nate's idea?

I despise the whole concept of an "interim" belt..what does that even mean? they aren't the champion, yet, if they win, they become a champion? how is that any different than in boxing, where they have numerous champions in the same weight...years ago, there was one champion in every division...now, there is like 4. now the ufc is starting to do that same shit...

Interim champion just means you are the #1 contender for the title....how can you become champion, unless you beat the champion? You can't...

It's a bad look if they actually present some belt.

It comes off cartoonish and honestly like something Bellator would do. I know we often complain of the blandness post-Reebok deal, but this isn't the way to go about changing it.

Can you imagine Bruce Buffer announcing that shit?

He is the current reigning defending undisputed baddest motherfucker champion of the world!!!!!

This is Dana's ploy to put a belt on someone at WW other than Colby or Usman. If Lawler beat Colby I don't think they'd be making one.

Legit the most embarrassing thing from a sports perspective UFC has ever done. Nothing wrong with billing the fight that way but an actual title is like something Affliction would do.

Whomever wins, it's going to be treated like the BMF title is on the line. So ridiculous.

I like Nate more than any other active fighter but holy shit, this is one of the fucking stupidest things I've ever heard of. I understand him trying to make it happen and marketing the fight this way but for the UFC to actually go along with it? I genuinely thought I'd seen the worst from them, but this is a new level of jumping the shark.

A fight for the Baddest Motherfucker title between two guys with a combined 25 losses.

Back