News Jorge Masvidal "UFC is making the BMF belt... it was Nate's idea..."

This is a good thing

If they didn't make a fake BMF belt for this fight they would have put a fake interim title on the line

*Tries to protect the sacred nobility of mma*

*posts on Sherdog*

This isn't the WWE! as much as you want it to be..
I don’t watch wwe, and I don’t want it to be like anything. This is one gimmick that not a single person takes seriously, except apparently you. Do you get offended when the nfl gives the turkey day award on thanksgiving?

I want to see Nate catch Jorge in a leg triangle and be giving the crowd the bird with both hands as Jorge starts to go out.

But wait....no

Jorge starts hulking up. He's lifting his hand up. Nate tries to squeeze harder but theres nothing he can do about it.
Hes starting to panic...
Jorge is getting stronger...

I'd be so excited.
Think I'll make a placard for this one

So does every division get one of those or does Stipe get the winner of the fight?

This is stupid beyond belief.

PicsArt_09-12-06.17.04.jpg
I'd be OK with something like this.

It's just Dana's wish finally coming true to put word FUCKING on something offical in the UFC.

Like that WORLD FUCKING DOMINATION thing they did few years ago lol

Serious question. What's the crtieria for getting a BAMF title shot? Throwing wild punches? What if a fighter plays it safe and pulls a Jon Fitch? Is it mostly voted by the fans on whoever's the most exciting?

some of you are taking this way too seriously. it's just a gimmick trinket to hype the fight. it's not a real title. though i will consider it to have more legit lineage than Colby's fake belt he carries around.

Everyone knows (except some dumb ass sherdoggers) it's just a little bit of fun and part of the entertainment/story for a huge card. So please stop moaning and bitching.

Not sure why people are pissing on the idea. It makes some sense, presumably gives a pay-boost to the non-divisional champions, lets active fighters that don't give a fuck about rankings take fun fights at whatever weight, without fucking the title-ladders up. Functions as a sort of autonomous PR machine for the UFC.

*shrugs* Good for them, imo.

Dana says it is a 'one and done', but I'm sure if/when fans take to it he'd pull back on that idea, and continue to use it to promote.

Pretty much what you guys said, people are taking this WAY too seriously, it's a one off fight, it means nothing, they're just gonna go in, have a fight and it gives them something to aim for.

As pointless as it is it's still something for them to claim against each other "I'm the baddest MF" which is their thing, it actually makes no difference if it's there or not and we're not even going to really notice it.

It's only going to be a one off thing, it means nothing, it's the same fight, the same fight that has the same credit regardless and it's just like a little something for them to have as a result of it.

It's nothing, people need to stop taking it so seriously and whoever said it's ruining UFC's legitimacy is a ridiculous comment, it'll be forgotten about in a couple of months down the line that it even exists (unless we keep bringing it up) and it'll mean nothing.

Just enjoy the fight and if the belt really bothers you that much well turn the TV off after the winner is announced cause it's the main event so you're not missing anything after.

Serious question. What's the crtieria for getting a BAMF title shot? Throwing wild punches? What if a fighter plays it safe and pulls a Jon Fitch? Is it mostly voted by the fans on whoever's the most exciting?

15 drive by survivals, 44 back yard victory's, you must know the lyrics to 75 Dr Dre tracks and be on the East Coast/West Coast gangsta shit at a minimum.

Bonus points if you've got Snoop Dogg on your phone line and if you used to hang with Biggie.

These two fighting for a BMF belt is the equivalent of Fury vs Wallin, two white Europeans, now fighting for the WBC Aztec belt.

Yes, that is really happening.

It's too gimmicky and on the nose cash grab.

The reason it would be a "cash grab" is because it appeals to a large demographic. There are plenty of people that value the divisional titles, and rankings, and rightful title-shots(self included). Still there is something very appealing and interesting to me about fights that have no bearing on the rankings/real-title implications, that are purely fanservice/fan-friendly match-ups between two guys that are live-dogs in any fight...yet probably not quite good enough to work the ladder and win a real title.

Would the Diaz/Condit fight have been the same, for example, if there weren't MAJOR title implications looming over it?

I don't know man, I get where you're coming from, but to me MMA needs something like this to shake it up and keep it interesting and fun.

Don't see the issue with this. It's clearly not a "real" thing. I have more of a problem with interim belts when they aren't warranted because they need a title fight.

Well Jorge had to knock two top 5 guys dead to get his shot

Hopefully they hand it out and we never see it again. Fuck this WME shit.

some of you are taking this way too seriously. it's just a gimmick trinket to hype the fight. it's not a real title. though i will consider it to have more legit lineage than Colby's fake belt he carries around.
How does making fun of stupid shit make you serious? How is making fun of stupid shit suddenly bad? I thought that was a very human thing. Apparently not.

The Astros and Rangers have had a long standing silver boot they played for. It wasn't official, and for decades they were in different leagues.

But having the ceremonial trophy for best baseball team in Texas was sure fun.

Fun fights with a wall hanger trophy tossed in for bragging rights is fine by me.

Back