News Jorge Masvidal "UFC is making the BMF belt... it was Nate's idea..."

Not sure why people are pissing on the idea. It makes some sense, presumably gives a pay-boost to the non-divisional champions, lets active fighters that don't give a fuck about rankings take fun fights at whatever weight, without fucking the title-ladders up. Functions as a sort of autonomous PR machine for the UFC.

*shrugs* Good for them, imo.

Dana says it is a 'one and done', but I'm sure if/when fans take to it he'd pull back on that idea, and continue to use it to promote.

If it's just the UFC title but in silver that could look pretty dope.

Inb4 fighters line up to fight for a BMF title also

I love that matchup but a bmf belt is corny as fuck.

So we get a BMF belt but a ‘65 pound weight class is too much of a stretch ?

MMA fans are idiots overall. I'm not saying that out of anger. It's the only conclusion I can come to after seeing what sells to them. The fact that Dana can be such a dick and liar also is just another piece of evidence. Smarter fans wouldn't have that, but we love it. We defend him at times even ha.

Not a big surprise when you think about WWF fans, and then realize that the cross over is quite high. Everyone but WWF fans laughs at WWF fans.

You know Conor is going to fight the winner and call himself the first 3 belt champchampchamp in UFC history

I guarantee it. Sneaky move by Uncle Dana.

Not sure why people are pissing on the idea. It makes some sense, presumably gives a pay-boost to the non-divisional champions, lets active fighters that don't give a fuck about rankings take fun fights at whatever weight, without fucking the title-ladders up. Functions as a sort of autonomous PR machine for the UFC.

*shrugs* Good for them, imo.

Dana says it is a 'one and done', but I'm sure if/when fans take to it he'd pull back on that idea, and continue to use it to promote.

It's too gimmicky and on the nose cash grab.

There goes what little legitimacy the UFC had left down the toilet.

giphy.gif
Because of a meaningless marketing gimmick? Or do you feel deceived?

Everyone knows (except some dumb ass sherdoggers) it's just a little bit of fun and part of the entertainment/story for a huge card. So please stop moaning and bitching.
It’s only business....:)

If they start with creating new belt... it won't end well, same as the interim belts, the "belts" all lost some legitimacy

What happens if the fight is an absolute snoozer? (on paper it shouldn't be...but weirder things have happened)

You know Conor is going to fight the winner and call himself the first 3 belt champchampchamp in UFC history

I guarantee it. Sneaky move by Uncle Dana.
Too bad Conor can't beat either guy

Masvidal and Diaz are also getting ppv points

Back