Media Jorge Masvidal Turning Into Tito Ortiz When Talking About Conor McGregor

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Lot of hate on Masvidal in here..
I can't wait for this fight to happen.
I'm not sure he beat Usman but I'm pretty confident he'd beat the shit out of mcg.

Why would you be though? Masvidal doesn't wrestle and Conor is a better striker.

The only thing in Masvidal's favor is size basically, and do we even know what he walks around at? He's definitely bigger than Conor I bet but not a big WW either most likely.

This 3 fight streak he is on has him overrated. Clearly overrated.

I've said this about Conor knocking out Aldo too, but imo the knee to Askren was even more "lucky" and "flukey". Obviously credit to Masvidal for it, but there's a large element of luck and "RNG" randomness there.

The Till win was nice but after Woodley had already vanquished him and he was draining himself to make 170. And I realize Conor split with Diaz (in 10 rounds total) but I just don't think beating Nate is some awesome win, and it only went 3 rounds due to a cut.

I think we need to ask ourselves how good really are those 3 opponents, and how much was luck a factor in the Askren win, clearly it was, as opposed to being wrestle-fucked if he didn't land a shot like that.

Man, I thought Masvidal was definitely gonna be next for Conor.

He keeps fucking it up though lmao.

No chance, he has no where near the charisma or wit.

He also didn't flat-line the GOAT of the division he fought in, then move up a division and hold two belts simultaneously after talking heaps of shit and predicting it.

Masvidal can't talk, McGregor is like a WWF era showman basically, he's actually funny and compelling, he has an aura. I'm not a big McGregor fan either but I'm a fan...I'm not someone who hates on people unless they really deserve it (obvious stuff aside). Masvidal doesn't hold a candle to him.

No chance, he has no where near the charisma or wit.

He also didn't flat-line the GOAT of the division he fought in, then move up a division and hold two belts simultaneously after talking heaps of shit and predicting it.

Masvidal can't talk, McGregor is like a WWF era showman basically, he's actually funny and compelling, he has an aura. I'm not a big McGregor fan either but I'm a fan...I'm not someone who hates on people unless they really deserve it (obvious stuff aside). Masvidal doesn't hold a candle to him.

You misread what I said.

i'm surprised at the amount of people who are so sure that one guy would dominate the other.

this is a great fight, i hope it happens.

i'm surprised at the amount of people who are so sure that one guy would dominate the other.

this is a great fight, i hope it happens.
I think Conor is the better striker by a pretty decent amount, but Masvidal can take and give out big power and is capable of landing a fight changing punch at anytime so even though I favour Conor and think he'd win more often than not I wouldn't be shocked if Jorge won the fight either.

And yeah it is a great fight.

Why would you be though? Masvidal doesn't wrestle and Conor is a better striker.

The only thing in Masvidal's favor is size basically, and do we even know what he walks around at? He's definitely bigger than Conor I bet but not a big WW either most likely.

I've said this about Conor knocking out Aldo too, but imo the knee to Askren was even more "lucky" and "flukey". Obviously credit to Masvidal for it, but there's a large element of luck and "RNG" randomness there.

The Till win was nice but after Woodley had already vanquished him and he was draining himself to make 170. And I realize Conor split with Diaz (in 10 rounds total) but I just don't think beating Nate is some awesome win, and it only went 3 rounds due to a cut.

I think we need to ask ourselves how good really are those 3 opponents, and how much was luck a factor in the Askren win, clearly it was, as opposed to being wrestle-fucked if he didn't land a shot like that.

Too much text, that I'm sure I've read thousands times here.
Ppl that think mcg is a better striker than Masvidal are in for big big surprise if they ever meet.
It's like rousey every one thought she was invincible, this once in a lifetime athlete blablablah.
Don't get me wrong mcg is an excellent striker butso is Masvidal. I'll never forget how mcg had a very hard time dealing with Diaz, Masvidal is not Diaz. He's a much much better striker which mcg would have no edge on mentally physically and... technically.
I'm pretty sure mcg knows it best. And it has certainly to do with why he didn't call him out.

Ppl can say whatever they want about Masvidal's record, mcgregor beating Aldo, Masvidal is just a bad bad match up for him.

Mcg is no prime Anderson Silva no one at the top of the food chain fear him, whether at LW let alone at WW.
As we've already seen multiple times he's very beatable by any top rank fighters. He will never be as dominant as guys like gsp Jones Silva Cormier Khabib, simply because he's not and never will be at that level.
Masvidal is not there for sure but he still beat mcg trust me

Last edited:
Masvidal has been a mediocre journeyman his entire life. For the first time in his life, he is regarded as above average, and he has no idea what to do or say.
Masvidal has never been mediocre or a journeyman. You sound like a casual

Off topic but how popular is Masvidal in America?

I'm from the UK and it's actually pretty hard to gauge how popular fighters are in the US.

Over here I don't think theres much of a middle ground between casuals and hardcores, I'd say it's pretty much tiered: Doesn't watch MMA at all - tunes in for the McGregor fights - follows MMA a lot - follows it religiously

Of the ones I know who only watch McGregor fights I'd say about 30% of them would know who Mas is

Somehow I doubt Masvidal baby momma is much different. Probably has less than money.
Except nothing bad about his kids mom has ever been brought up. But keep hoping

Conor is in no way a better striker. I don't even know how you think that. The only thing he MAY have is more power in his left hand. Masvidal is a far better pure boxer, uses his kicks better, has way better cardio, better chin, and immensely better grappling and wrestling.

Too much text, that I'm sure I've read thousands times here.
Ppl that think mcg is a better striker than Masvidal are in for big big surprise if they ever meet.
It's like rousey every one thought she was invincible, this once in a lifetime athlete blablablah.
Don't get me wrong mcg is an excellent striker butso is Masvidal. I'll never forget how mcg had a very hard time dealing with Diaz, Masvidal is not Diaz. He's a much much better striker which mcg would have no edge on mentally physically and... technically.
I'm pretty sure mcg knows it best. And it has certainly to do with why he didn't call him out.

Ppl can say whatever they want about Masvidal's record, mcgregor beating Aldo, Masvidal is just a bad bad match up for him.

Mcg is no prime Anderson Silva no one at the top of the food chain fear him, whether at LW let alone at WW.
As we've already seen multiple times he's very beatable by any top rank fighters. He will never be as dominant as guys like gsp Jones Silva Cormier Khabib, simply because he's not and never will be at that level.
Masvidal is not there for sure but he still beat mcg trust me

Yeah the problem is people who hate McGregor are deluded and blinded by their hate.

You seriously compared Ronda Rousey:

source.gif

To McGregor who very clearly has some of the best boxing and striking in the UFC and has out-struck the likes of Holloway (young version but also on a torn ACL), Porier, Aldo, Alvarez, outclassed Mendes on the feet, etc.

Rousey's striking was always a complete joke. Comparing McGregor to Rousey is just...a horrible point. Yes earlier McGregor lacked the TDD/Grappling perhaps, but he's clearly improved upon that area of his game and it was always more competent than Rousey's striking. Rousey was a one trick pony in a division/gender where everyone lacked skills and athleticism/strength to deal with it for awhile.

Masvidal doesn't have the quality of wins against strikers that McGregor has, that's just a fact. I'm not saying Masvidal is a bad striker either but to say he's way better than McGregor is laughable and based on nothing but disdain. Masvidal has a size advantage, that's all we can really say. I think it's pretty clear McGregor is the better striker, and he's a guy who fought at FW...is Masvidal making FW? no.

Agree with some of the other stuff you said, but I don't think that's the reason why McGregor didn't call out Masvidal. He wants a title shot, not some plastic walmart belt. Also Masvidal isn't exactly a big name either, he might as well do the rubber match with Diaz at that point right?

Jobber Jorge buying into how own hype and acting like he's some shit will make it even more enjoyable when he gets his face rearranged :)

Back