Media Jorge Masvidal to Launch His Own Bare Knuckle Fighting Promotion

So basically Vale Tudo...
Expect grapple heavy fighting with less punches.
Unless they want to limit the ground then this will not work well.

He might as well have started a Lethwei rules org would probably do better
There will probably be a lot of grappling unless Masvidal is planning on taking in guys that will throw down. Hopefully, soccer kicks, stomps, and knees to grounded opponents are allowed. A lot of the lay and pray works because they don't have to worry about knees or kicks while on the ground. The fights will probably be judged by who did the most damage.

It can be a complete fail or it can be a fun thing to watch, I don't expect it to be high level tho, at least not for the first few events. But maybe they can get in some experienced Lethwei fighters. It might not have to be only bare-knuckle MMA. It can also be bare-knuckle boxing as well and Lethwei fights. Hopefully, they mix between them.

Judging by the marketing around this "Real until Death", I feel like the focus will be on putting on great, violent fights.

There will probably be a lot of grappling unless Masvidal is planning on taking in guys that will throw down. Hopefully, soccer kicks, stomps, and knees to grounded opponents are allowed. A lot of the lay and pray works because they don't have to worry about knees or kicks while on the ground. The fights will probably be judged by who did the most damage.

It can be a complete fail or it can be a fun thing to watch, I don't expect it to be high level tho, at least not for the first few events. But maybe they can get in some experienced Lethwei fighters. It might not have to be only bare-knuckle MMA. It can also be bare-knuckle boxing as well and Lethwei fights. Hopefully, they mix between them.

Judging by the marketing around this "Real until Death", I feel like the focus will be on putting on great, violent fights.
It can definitely work for the 'badass' factor and make for exciting fights, but they need to:

- Get guys who want to stand and bang. Since Jorge hates 'crotch sniffers' this will be for sure
- Limit ground fighting for inaction and maybe even just have a 1 minute on the ground rules
- financial incentives for KOs and standup trading and aggression.

The fact is most fans are casual and dont care about the majority of fighters or about mma typical fights. They want to see action and if they can storylines as well so they care about the fighters. We'll see but pretty sure some or all of the above in some form will be in play.

It can definitely work for the 'badass' factor and make for exciting fights, but they need to:

- Get guys who want to stand and bang. Since Jorge hates 'crotch sniffers' this will be for sure
- Limit ground fighting for inaction and maybe even just have a 1 minute on the ground rules
- financial incentives for KOs and standup trading and aggression.

The fact is most fans are casual and dont care about the majority of fighters or about mma typical fights. They want to see action and if they can storylines as well so they care about the fighters. We'll see but pretty sure some or all of the above in some form will be in play.
I wonder if they will have like embedded episodes, I reckon that the guy that made Masvidal's documentary would do it well, GenghisConFilms. That could introduce people to the fighters. I would like to see the fight card, considering the first event is in June that one might come out soon. Just to see if I recognize any names.

Well well, this begs the question, for how long will Masvidal continue to fight himself? It's a lot of work behind It and I could see him retiring after this fight maybe. If this is what he's going to focus on right now I wish him good luck.

Shergdog genius - utilize kicks against the wrestler in top control on you.

Bout winners get to take a pic with the BMF belt, a leftover Reebok voucher and free 3piece.
with soda, of course.

If done right it completely alters the striking, but in all likelihood it will be contender series reject level guys throwing down

Wanderlei Silva approves. He should be their mascot.

Dude trying way too hard to look all mean and savage.
Usman will humble him.
You can't deny Jorge is one bad dude. Brought up on the streets fighting juice heads way larger than him. Usman won't humble him unless he knocks him out. Jorge is use to losing by people trying to grab him. Pretty much every loss he has was from that.

Dude trying way too hard to look all mean and savage.
Usman will humble him.
Stole my thoughts. The clip was literally cringe-inducing to me. I honestly think Masvidal's demographic (and he knows it) is high schoolers and teenagers.

Bare knuckle is so fucking stupid. Fighters take so much more damage it's not a pretty sight, and more likely to injure their hands, and much lower quality of fighters as well.

Bare knuckle makes me miss freaking Yamma Pit MMA.
Yamma was the gift that we didn't deserve lmao Everything about that show was hilarious

Bareknuckle is pointless with the same ruleset. Just make a full on Vale Tudo org

Oh look, the Shercels are already hating on it. No surprise.
Well, there isn't that big of a difference between bkc MMA and MMA with gloves.
Only lot more injuries. BKC boxing and regular boxing is vastly different.

No hate here. Someone please explain the attractiveness or pluses to bare knuckle MMA?

Shergdog genius - utilize kicks against the wrestler in top control on you.
I'm talking about upkicks to downed opponents etc. Sherdog genius...
Silva-upkick-on-Okami-ROTR_medium.gif

Vera%20upkick_zpsngoyb2dw.gif

Vera%20upkick%202_zpskahtnsib.gif

Last edited:
No hate here. Someone please explain the attractiveness or pluses to bare knuckle MMA?
From a visual standpoint it is closer to a bar fight, so it is more "realistic" and less like a sport.

Back