News Jorge Masvidal ready dethrone 'head case of head cases' Kamaru Usman.

Who wins?

• Total voters

HoFF

Full Send
Banned
Reaction score

HOUSTON – Jorge Masvidal is tight-lipped about whether he has officially signed to challenge Kamaru Usman for the UFC welterweight title during International Fight Week in July, but all signs point to the process being near the finish line.

Usman (16-1 MMA, 11-0 UFC) is certainly the center of Masvidal’s (35-13 MMA, 12-6 UFC) focus at the moment. “Gamebred” turned in a massive year in 2019 to solidify his shot at the gold, and as one of the longest-tenured veterans in the entire sport, he said he’s ready to round out his legacy by putting UFC gold around his waist.

“I’d break his face – I’d (expletive) his ass up,” Masvidal told MMA Junkie on Thursday. “(The title) definitely signifies something. But more than that, beating Usman in a really bad way would be better for me in a way. He’s got a couple victories against a couple of my teammates, so I definitely got to represent for ATT there and take his head off.”

Masvidal and Usman recently got into a verbal altercation on Super Bowl Radio Row in Miami, yelling back and forth at each other in a clip that went viral. For Masvidal, it was a (super) necessary moment.

There’s been plenty of words exchanged between the two online and during interviews, and Masvidal said he had to show he’s not intimidated.

“Nothing was going to happen there,” Masvidal said. “I’m not going to touch somebody that’s already incapacitated and (expletive). He’s a punk and I just wanted to tell him to his face, ‘I’m going to (expletive) you up.’ I don’t know what he got so upset about. I just wanted to tell him the truth that I’m going to (expletive) you up when we finally fight. He always says he wants people to keep that same energy and say it to his face, that’s exactly what I did.”

For Masvidal, this particular fight with Usman is personal. It’s not just about the title, but also teaching a lesson to someone he dislikes.

“He’s got like 38 personalities,” Masvidal said. “Every week I keep finding a new one. I don’t like any of them so far. I’ve known this guy for a while and he wasn’t that guy before. He was asking me for pictures and handshakes back in the day. Really his name is Kamarudeen. It’s not even Kamaru. He actually shortened up his real birth name. This guy is just a head case of head cases.”

We shall see. I think Conor goes for it if Masvidal wins and stays at '55 if Usman wins

Susman said he wanted to get in Jorge’s ass.

Mas can’t let Marty take his back at anytime during the fight.

C'mon Masvidal! Make WW great again!

I have Jorge but Kamaru Usman showed us something new last time so it will be interesting.

We shall see. I think Conor goes for it if Masvidal wins and stays at '55 if Usman wins

Skipping the queue and avoiding the fight thats not in he's favour ? sounds like Conrat.

HOUSTON – Jorge Masvidal is tight-lipped about whether he has officially signed to challenge Kamaru Usman for the UFC welterweight title during International Fight Week in July, but all signs point to the process being near the finish line.

Usman (16-1 MMA, 11-0 UFC) is certainly the center of Masvidal’s (35-13 MMA, 12-6 UFC) focus at the moment. “Gamebred” turned in a massive year in 2019 to solidify his shot at the gold, and as one of the longest-tenured veterans in the entire sport, he said he’s ready to round out his legacy by putting UFC gold around his waist.

“I’d break his face – I’d (expletive) his ass up,” Masvidal told MMA Junkie on Thursday. “(The title) definitely signifies something. But more than that, beating Usman in a really bad way would be better for me in a way. He’s got a couple victories against a couple of my teammates, so I definitely got to represent for ATT there and take his head off.”

Masvidal and Usman recently got into a verbal altercation on Super Bowl Radio Row in Miami, yelling back and forth at each other in a clip that went viral. For Masvidal, it was a (super) necessary moment.

There’s been plenty of words exchanged between the two online and during interviews, and Masvidal said he had to show he’s not intimidated.

“Nothing was going to happen there,” Masvidal said. “I’m not going to touch somebody that’s already incapacitated and (expletive). He’s a punk and I just wanted to tell him to his face, ‘I’m going to (expletive) you up.’ I don’t know what he got so upset about. I just wanted to tell him the truth that I’m going to (expletive) you up when we finally fight. He always says he wants people to keep that same energy and say it to his face, that’s exactly what I did.”

For Masvidal, this particular fight with Usman is personal. It’s not just about the title, but also teaching a lesson to someone he dislikes.

“He’s got like 38 personalities,” Masvidal said. “Every week I keep finding a new one. I don’t like any of them so far. I’ve known this guy for a while and he wasn’t that guy before. He was asking me for pictures and handshakes back in the day. Really his name is Kamarudeen. It’s not even Kamaru. He actually shortened up his real birth name. This guy is just a head case of head cases.”

I have Masvidal by points.

Skipping the queue and avoiding the fight thats not in he's favour ? sounds like Conrat.
It'd behoove them both to take that fight, especially for a title, they'd make fuck you money

If it goes past the fist 20 seconds it's all Usman.
Masvidal can't stop a take down so we'll be back to pre-Covington Usman who just takes journeyman Jorge down at will and controls him.
If you get taken down 4 times by Maia in a 3 round fight you've got no chance of stopping Usman from doing it.

Jorge knows how to get into his enemies brains

lol Usman is a whack job

The Conman has nothing to lose, he has a built in excuse.

"I took the chance going to 170"................He would use this same excuse when Masvidals knocks him the fuck out.

I want Masvidal to win but I think Usman will. I do think Masvidal has a chance but Usman's wrestling has been absolutely dominant, taking out Woodley and Covington 2 of the best wrestlers in the division. Masvidal does have some great hands and he has looked great lately, he is clearly motivated and extremely confident, so this fight should be good one.

Masvidal can't stop a take down so we'll be back to pre-Covington Usman who just takes journeyman Jorge down at will and controls him.
If you get taken down 4 times by Maia in a 3 round fight you've got no chance of stopping Usman from doing it.
Usmans top control is overrated

I love Jorge but he’s going to get manhandled.

Usman is going to embarrass Masvidal. The hype here for Georgie is unreal

Usman is going to wrestlefuck Gamebred... its just a matter of if Usman uses a condom or not.

this

Back