Jorge becoming fat and lazy ?

He stayed in camp assuming the fight would happen. Poirer said it flat out: he was prepared. In shape, sharp, ready. That's straight from his own teammate. Jorge is a journeyman, and he's reaching the end of his journey.
That’s what teammates always say. Even conors coach vs khabib said it was his best camp. From jorge’s mouth: he trained but not to his full potential, he trained to be able to go five rounds. He was training but not in training camp. He was helping out his other teammates for fights and wrestling with bo nickel. Big difference between having a 8-10 week training dedicated to fighting an opponent to training to stay in shape.

He stayed in camp assuming the fight would happen. Poirer said it flat out: he was prepared. In shape, sharp, ready. That's straight from his own teammate. Jorge is a journeyman, and he's reaching the end of his journey.
Would you invest in a full training on an assumption? Especially if the UFC was not making the money right and having another opponent booked? Aka Gilbert burns? I wouldn’t, not on just an assumption. Especially with COVID, there are no guarantees.

Would you invest in a full training on an assumption? Especially if the UFC was not making the money right and having another opponent booked? Aka Gilbert burns? I wouldn’t, not on just an assumption. Especially with COVID, there are no guarantees.
He knew it was the fight the UFC wanted and knew it was his big opportunity. His own teammates said he was preparing for the fight. I'm not interested in excuses. He's never beaten guys like Kamaru in his entire career, the dude frequently comes up short at the highest level. At 36 years old and with a penchant for getting fat, he's not going to be doing any better from here on out. He knows he can't beat Colby, he knows he can't beat Wonderboy, etc. Jorge's chance at gold is gone.

let him live, he's paid his dues.

He's a marquee fighter now like nate diaz, he is only coming out for money fights, and who can blame him

Back