News Jordan "The Monkey King" Leavitt vs. Matt Sayles set for upcoming UFC Event, Dec. 18th

Who wins?

• Total voters

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
"A pair of UFC lightweights will be looking to get back into the win column at the end of the year."

"On Saturday, Sayles announced on his Instagram that he will be fighting Jordan Leavitt on December 18 at a yet-to-be-announced UFC event. Leavitt would confirm the booking on his own Instagram account shortly after.

"After having an excellent 2020, Leavitt (8-1) suffered his first professional loss in his last outing. In June, he lost a unanimous decision to Claudio Puelles. Before his loss, he went 4-0 in 2020, in which he won a UFC contract on season four of Dana White’s Contender Series and then viciously knocked out and retired Matt Wiman."

"By the time Sayles (8-3) enters the octagon in December, it will be more than two years since he last competed. In his last outing, he was submitted by Bryce Mitchell via the ultra-rare twister. Sayles will be moving up to lightweight after going 1-2 in the featherweight division."

Here's the lineup for the Dec. 18 card so far:
  • Amanda Lemos vs. Nina Ansaroff
  • Anthony Hernandez vs. Dustin Stoltzfus
  • Don’Tale Mayes vs. Josh Parisian
  • Raphael Assunção vs. Ricky Simón
  • Gerald Meerschaert vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
  • Jordan Leavitt vs. Matt Sayles

@Ares Black your boy is back.

Yeah, Leavitt looked good against Matt Wiman.

DistortedLonelyConch-size_restricted.gif

Abus Magomedov got signed to the UFC?!?

(He was favoured to win the inaugural PFL middleweight tournament in 2018, and shockingly got KO'ed in the finals. He's only fought twice since.)

Very tough fight for Meerschaert.

Leavitt broke my damn heart with that tepid performance against Puelles. He should be able to handle Sayles pretty easily, but not if he fights like he did in his last fight.

I still like the guy and I hope he does well. He's a dork, and I appreciate that.

Leavitt broke my damn heart with that tepid performance against Puelles. He should be able to handle Sayles pretty easily, but not if he fights like he did in his last fight.

I still like the guy and I hope he does well. He's a dork, and I appreciate that.

Sayles managed to get himself twistered at UFC level, so that should give Leavitt hope.

He's actually one of my picks for Paddy Pimblett's next opponent so I hope he wins. Style wise and personality wise, I think that would be an interesting and entertaining fight to see

He's actually one of my picks for Paddy Pimblett's next opponent so I hope he wins. Style wise and personality wise, I think that would be an interesting and entertaining fight to see

I could see them making that, it's a pretty favourable match for Paddy style wise if they want him to string some wins together.

Back