Social Jordan Peterson twitter ban

A lot of people in here talking absolute revisionist history about what transpired in Rwanda. Suggest a bunch of you go back and do some reading. To imply what happened in Rwanda is a result of "mean words" is one of the most embarrassing takes I've ever read on here.

This isn't to say that the general idea @panamaican is noting is incorrect, he's absolutely correct. It can be the catalyst the ultimately leads to fanatical and violent action against others. Hate speech should certainly be curbed when possible.

I understand what you're saying, but I'd argue that in a way it kind of was. It mean words that was media driven in the sense that Hutu extremists used radio to spread hate and incite panic that the Tutsi's were gonna kill them all. They played on unresolved tribal tensions that had been simmering beneath the surface of Rwandan society since colonialist times.

The public rhetoric of Hassan Ngeze was the primary catalyst behind it. (A friend from Zaire, lots of Rwandans fled there, told me in 2010 that despite the Truth and Reconciliation it's "on sight" for any of his family members.)

It was essentially a "do we tolerate them?" with less maple syrup and funny socks and more machetes.

I understand what you're saying, but I'd argue that in a way it kind of was. It mean words that was media driven in the sense that Hutu extremists used radio to spread hate and incite panic that the Tutsi's were gonna kill them all. They played on unresolved tribal tensions that had been simmering beneath the surface of Rwandan society since colonialist times.

The public rhetoric of Hassan Ngeze was the primary catalyst behind it. (A friend from Zaire, lots of Rwandans fled there, told me in 2010 that despite the Truth and Reconciliation it's "on sight" for any of his family members.)

It was essentially a "do we tolerate them?" with less maple syrup and funny socks and more machetes.

I'm not denying the noted radio station and what went on in terms of propaganda and vitriol, it certainly added fuel to the existing fire that was already underway. But the history of the Hutus and Tutsis is complex as you're aware, extends from and into other African countries (both before and after what most people remember), involves multiple assassinations, etc. The hate speech didn't initiate the ugliness in this situation, it was a byproduct imo.

Could you imagine being called anything worse then that ? Not me

Yes:

Being called "Too late for oxtail." is literally worse than racism.

No plate of ox tail ever called me a" bitter minority" or "Explosive" or a "Dindu" or even asked me if "I was sure" I was Black.

There are worse things than death. Beware.

Yes:

Being called "Too late for oxtail." is literally worse than racism.

No plate of ox tail ever called me a" bitter minority" or "Explosive" or a "Dindu" or even asked me if "I was sure" I was Black.

There are worse things than death. Beware.
Funny how similar we all are. I remember reading how white people making dumplings is cultural appropriation. Mom used to make ox tail soup and dumplings before she ever met anyone from Africa or Asia. Ain't that something?

That is all.

Last edited:
I'm not denying the noted radio station and what went on in terms of propaganda and vitriol, it certainly added fuel to the existing fire that was already underway. But the history of the Hutus and Tutsis is complex as you're aware, extends from and into other African countries (both before and after what most people remember), involves multiple assassinations, etc. The hate speech didn't initiate the ugliness in this situation, it was a byproduct imo.

True. The massacre (to me) was a vivid example of black African racism. Which never get talked about.

As you know Tutsi's tended to be of lighter complexion, thinner lips, and narrower noses so they were considered more "European looking" than the darker skinned big lipped flat nosed Hutu's (I'm generalizing like a motherfucker, but you know what I'm trying to get at.). This meant that Tutsi's were giving more perks by colonialist German/Belgium land thieves (a sort of house brotha/ field brotha dynamic). That leaked into the topsoil of Rwandan society and stayed just beneath the surface. The byproduct that was hate speech was the shovel...it was also the spark to light the kindling.

Trudeau and Trump, particularly Trump, have taken advantage of the seemingly Left/Right dynamic. I always thought that it was effective but dangerous tactic. A disaffected cohort or a frightened majority can be one bad catalyst away from turning a Canadian Interahamwe of "We who work live together" into a Interahamwe of "We who slay together."

Colorism is the primary element of the racism that West Africans in my social orbit (myself included, to my shame) inflict on each others (I can't speak for Stolen Africans in that regard, but I suspect it's similar.)....It's a huge thing that doesn't really get talked about. Even with small municipality of biracial family members I still get careless every once and while crack jokes about "About being the Draymond to pretty light skin motherfuckers...calling them the "Golden Skin Warriors"...the other elders I defer to call them "half-cast" at family gatherings....all of which was funny in the 90's but gets my ass kicked by said family today.

Regardless of the era It's how slaves who want to stay oppressed talk, not knowing that by focusing on differences between them in their servitude, they are doing the work of their oppressors.

In Canada and in Western countries white people are racist towards other white people, and it used to be hilarious until I think about what the endpoint of a tribalized society is.

Could it happen in Canada? It already kinda has with the Indigenous peeps we share the country with. And Trudeau was playing with fire with some of those comments he made about the unvaxxed and the people protesting the convoy.

Sorry for the wall of text. Been trying pare down my shit-posts but my poo-stick is broken. Rwanda is a subject of keen interest for me. As a youth seeing the 1994 Times magazine cover with the bodies of people who looked like me literally carpeting the ground, that were slaughtered like farm animals by people who looked at me, changed me somehow.

True. The massacre (to me) was a vivid example of black African racism. Which never get talked about.

As you know Tutsi's tended to be of lighter complexion, thinner lips, and narrower noses so they were considered more "European looking" than the darker skinned big lipped flat nosed Hutu's (I'm generalizing like a motherfucker, but you know what I'm trying to get at.). This meant that Tutsi's were giving more perks by colonialist German/Belgium land thieves (a sort of house brotha/ field brotha dynamic). That leaked into the topsoil of Rwandan society and stayed just beneath the surface. The byproduct that was hate speech was the shovel...it was also the spark to light the kindling.

Trudeau and Trump, particularly Trump, have taken advantage of the seemingly Left/Right dynamic. I always thought that it was effective but dangerous tactic. A disaffected cohort or a frightened majority can be one bad catalyst away from turning a Canadian Interahamwe of "We who work live together" into a Interahamwe of "We who slay together."

Colorism is the primary element of the racism that West Africans in my social orbit (myself included, to my shame) inflict on each others (I can't speak for Stolen Africans in that regard, but I suspect it's similar.)....It's a huge thing that doesn't really get talked about. Even with small municipality of biracial family members I still get careless every once and while crack jokes about "About being the Draymond to pretty light skin motherfuckers...calling them the "Golden Skin Warriors"...the other elders I defer to call them "half-cast" at family gatherings....all of which was funny in the 90's but gets my ass kicked by said family today.

Regardless of the era It's how slaves who want to stay oppressed talk, not knowing that by focusing on differences between them in their servitude, they are doing the work of their oppressors.

In Canada and in Western countries white people are racist towards other white people, and it used to be hilarious until I think about what the endpoint of a tribalized society is.

Could it happen in Canada? It already kinda has with the Indigenous peeps we share the country with. And Trudeau was playing with fire with some of those comments he made about the unvaxxed and the people protesting the convoy.

Sorry for the wall of text. Been trying pare down my shit-posts but my poo-stick is broken. Rwanda is a subject of keen interest for me. As a youth seeing the 1994 Times magazine cover with the bodies of people who looked like me literally carpeting the ground, that were slaughtered like farm animals by people who looked at me, changed me somehow.

Great post sir, spot on. I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate your lengthy posts and well written explanations of your positions and opinions. Rwanda had a profoundly disturbing influence on me as a young man in those years, for the very reasons you've mentioned. Part of the soul is taken when you witness evil and apathy of that magnitude, and I had probably deluded myself that mankind was well past these behaviours. That worldview was shattered. I would have been 15 in 1993.

Imagine being a grown college educated man and caring what other people do with their bodies.
Imagine being so stupid, you don’t even understand the significance of a man being banned from Twitter for claiming a female is a female.

Now open your eyes and look in the mirror! You did it. You manifested that reality big guy!

Imagine being so stupid, you don’t even understand the significance of a man being banned from Twitter for claiming a female is a female.
Imagine being a grown man who is concerned with who is allowed to post on twitter

Imagine being a grown man who is concerned with who is allowed to post on twitter

Okay, okay, I admit it. Twitter is dogshit and I don’t use it at all. But it is a popular platform and it’s part of big tech’s clear and disgusting effort to crack down on any and all dissent in the sphere of public discourse. That may not matter to a drooling retard. But for a thoughtful citizen who cares about the fate of the country, it’s pretty important.

Okay, okay, I admit it. Twitter is dogshit and I don’t use it at all. But it is a popular platform and it’s part of big tech’s clear and disgusting effort to crack down on any and all dissent in the sphere of public discourse. That may not matter to a drooling retard. But for a thoughtful citizen who cares about the fate of the country, it’s pretty important.
So I'm a drooling retard because I don't care about twitter? People talk about how social media is shit and is bad for society, but you think everyone needs to devote time and attention to it? Idk, sounds stupid. Good luck with your fight against big tech though

Now open your eyes and look in the mirror! You did it. You manifested that reality big guy!
Someone’s triggered, calm your tits sweetheart. Because where does he talk about female or anything like that in his tweet. And why does he care if someone gets there tits removed?

Back