Jordan Peterson recovering from severe tranquilizer addiction in Russia

Next time this guy tells anyone to "buck it up" he can fuck right off.

First guy to call others out for being "soft" then next moment is crying and talking about his addiction.

Maybe he'll be humbled a bit.

Nevermind the rest of the story.. imagine weve got men prescribing other men tranquilizers for their "problems"....

....and it's a normal, "natural" thing
I wouldnt say its normal at all....I would say more so its pretty sickening the age of prescriptions we are in, I dont know his full history with depression and/or his current anxiety issues nor am I really commenting to those...but the got got his prescrips...like most other people he has faith in the medical world..went with it...developed a hard addiction...now wants to get off of it...I applaud him for recognizing his problem and wanting to cut something toxic out of his life

Sounds suspicious as fuck

That's a normie read on the situation, something people in culture at large repeat a lot without knowing where it comes from or what it means. I think the population gets these ideas from the medical field. Doctors, because they're trained in physiology, have the tendency to over-attribute mental problems to physical causes and ignoring other causes - which they're not familiar to and thus can't conceptualize or bring to their mind.

There are countless studies in different fields of psychology which discovered something different about the way people prone to depression think about the world, about the future, about themselves, how they attribute outcomes, the structure and complexity of their self-esteem, the people they choose to surround themselves with. A fragilized personality structure is basically a prerequisite for the development of the disorder. That's not something people are born into, that's something that can be influenced and improved. Basically every facet can be the subject of an intervention.

His self-assessment wouldn't provide anything on this subject. If someone has a pro-medication belief and bias (or on any subject), they're by definition blind to their own unconscious assumptions - hence why it's a bias. It's other people who might catch it, reflect it back to them and make them realize.
lol normie

You sound triggered
How is a tranq addict dead beat telling people to clean their room someone the world needs more of?
You are a trash human being.

Nobody listened to the whole story huh. Wife diagnosed with terminal cancer. Anxiety (which he has suffered his whole life from) got too bad so he started taking anti anxiety meds. He wanted to get off the meds but due to his autoimmune condition (which he has suffered his whole life from) the withdrawal symptoms got life threatening. I know shertards are bordering on low IQ and mentally incapacitated but still.

That's a normie read on the situation, something people in culture at large repeat a lot without knowing where it comes from or what it means. I think the population gets these ideas from the medical field. Doctors, because they're trained in physiology, have the tendency to over-attribute mental problems to physical causes and ignoring other causes - which they're not familiar to and thus can't conceptualize or bring to their mind.

There are countless studies in different fields of psychology which discovered something different about the way people prone to depression think about the world, about the future, about themselves, how they attribute outcomes, the structure and complexity of their self-esteem, the people they choose to surround themselves with. A fragilized personality structure is basically a prerequisite for the development of the disorder. That's not something people are born into, that's something that can be influenced and improved. Basically every facet can be the subject of an intervention.

His self-assessment wouldn't provide anything on this subject. If someone has a pro-medication belief and bias (or on any subject), they're by definition blind to their own unconscious assumptions - hence why it's a bias. It's other people who might catch it, reflect it back to them and make them realize.

Right.

I think you missed the nuance I failed to give.

The intervention required to fix some issues is beyond our capacity and drugs can fill that niche.

There are absolutely conditions that cannot be talked out of. Manic depressive for example or schizophrenia nervosa, at least with most of the manifestations defined as such. Only about 60% of clinical depression is environmental. In such cases management becomes the goal and drugs can absolutely be a important part of that, especially if suicidal ideation occurs.

I always like threads where the liberals get to show their true colors.

Right.

I think you missed the nuance I failed to give.

The intervention required to fix some issues is beyond our capacity and drugs can fill that niche.

There are absolutely conditions that cannot be talked out of. Manic depressive for example or schizophrenia nervosa, at least with most of the manifestations defined as such. Only about 60% of clinical depression is environmental. In such cases management becomes the goal and drugs can absolutely be a important part of that, especially if suicidal ideation occurs.

Exactly. People these days think that everything can be cured with diet and exercise. If I as a medical professional suggested JUST diet and exercise to someone with lifelong depression and anxiety I might as well push them off the bridge myself.

Exactly. People these days think that everything can be cured with diet and exercise. If I as a medical professional suggested JUST diet and exercise to someone with lifelong depression and anxiety I might as well push them off the bridge myself.
"Here, try this man made concoction. It will help cure your natural human emotional condition"

That is pure evil.

"Here, try this man made concoction. It will help cure your natural human emotional condition"

That is pure evil.

That post is pure idiocy. Lifelong depression and anxiety is usually not an environment issue, it's a severe chemical imbalance in the brain that can only be treated with medication. People in general are over medicated and antidepressants get prescribed far too easily to people with normal emotions who would probably be fine if given time. This is not one of those cases however.

That post is pure idiocy. Lifelong depression and anxiety is usually not an environment issue, it's a severe chemical imbalance in the brain that can only be treated with medication. People in general are over medicated and antidepressants get prescribed far too easily to people with normal emotions who would probably be fine if given time. This is not one of those cases however.
On one hand you agree with me while on the other hand you disagree with me. I think they call that cognitive dissonance.

On one hand you agree with me while on the other hand you disagree with me. I think they call that cognitive dissonance.

You really dont understand that something can be true most of the time, but not in some specific cases?

That is pure evil.

So, do you wear shoes or glasses? Both are man made concoctions used to cure your natural condition.

GTFO of here with your shit!

I like Jordan Peterson. His interview with Cathy Newman was a watershed moment in the culture wars and red-pilled millions of people on the BS spouted by leftists.

I hope he recovers and then takes a much needed break from public life and gets his shit together.

Recently, the guy just seems stressed and like he needs a break.

Back