Social Jordan Peterson in Rehab

lol in the first three minutes, "his daughter looks like she is a big fan of stranger's weiners in her mouth", "his wife's a liar and his daughter's a whore!"

i don't care much about peterson either way but "his wife's lying about having cancer"? the fuck is wrong with this youtuber? fucked up

do i dare watch any further?

lol in the first three minutes, "his daughter looks like she is a big fan of stranger's weiners in her mouth", "his wife's a liar and his daughter's a whore!"

i don't care much about peterson either way but "his wife's lying about having cancer"? the fuck is wrong with this youtuber? fucked up

<45>

JP - "my daughter has an unbelievably serious autoimmune disease"
LOON - "no, no she doesn't, jordan. what she does is have sex with strangers!"

i can't just stop now i'm in for the full ride
He was/is a stand up comedian and part of the crowd in Hollywood. He has since been blacklisted... and I think you now see why. Watch at your own risk!

No

It's like xanax

You would assume it must be like a horse tranquilliser, because peterson shouts about being a big strong man, dealing with situations, character and mental fortitude, so for something to take him down it must be crazy powerful

But no

A simple xanax like tablet has this fragile fraud twisted in a puddle of his own sweat in rehab

<puh-lease75>

You do realize that not all benzos are the same, right? Klonopin is a MUCH stronger sedative than Xanax, and if he was taking it multiple times a day, it can quickly because a very serious and dangerous addiction. Especially since it apparently went on for months. Xanax is prescribed far more often and generally seen as much less addictive but even taking 4+mg a day for months will fuck you up. Klonopin is a different ballpark.

You both are correct. Milligram for milligram, xanax and Klonopin are considered to be about the same strength. The difference is that Klonopin has an almost 24hr half life, which means it takes longer to rid yourself of the substance when you are going through withdrawals. Xanax kicks in quicker, and has a shorter duration of effects, but due to the fact that the body eliminates it faster, you need to re-dose more often.

The danger from being addicted to these substances is seizures, given that both these medications raise your seizure threshhold - quitting cold turkey without tapering down causes a rebound effect where your seizure threshold is lowered drastically - I absolutely guarantee this is why Peterson needed to be hospitalized.

My brother was addicted to both of these meds, for several years. He was also a heroin addict and originally got hooked on benzos because they potentiate methadone, which is what he was on several different periods of his life to get off the heroin. Supposedly, if you take methadone and klonopin, it gives you a pretty intense heroin-esque high. Most all the people who went to his methadone clinic was hooked on Klonopin. You could literally buy bottles of the stuff in the parking lot. I know because everytime I would give him a ride to the clinic I would be bombarded by people asking if I wanted to buy some Klonopin while I was waiting in the parking lot

You both are correct. Milligram for milligram, xanax and Klonopin are considered to be about the same strength. The difference is that Klonopin has an almost 24hr half life, which means it takes longer to rid yourself of the substance when you are going through withdrawals. Xanax kicks in quicker, and has a shorter duration of effects, but due to the fact that the body eliminates it faster, you need to re-dose more often.

The danger from being addicted to these substances is seizures, given that both these medications raise your seizure threshhold, quitting cold turkey without tapering down causes a rebound effect where your seizure threshold is lowered drastically.

My brother was addicted to both of these meds, for several years. He was also a heroin addict and originally got hooked on benzos because they potentiate methadone, which is what he was on several different periods of his life to get off the heroin. Supposedly, if you take methadone and klonopin, it gives you a pretty intense heroin-esque high. Most all the people who went to his methadone clinic was hooked on Klonopin. You could literally buy bottles of the stuff in the parking lot.

That's wild and now I want to try that combination lmao.

My point was simply that because of the long half life, taking multiple doses a day is super dangerous.

That's wild and now I want to try that combination lmao.

My point was simply that because of the long half life, taking multiple doses a day is super dangerous.

Absolutely dangerous as far as seizures go.

I've personally never tried heroin, nor Klonopin + Methadone, but it seemed quite popular. I did try some methadone once - I don't have a tolerance so 50mg basically just made me pass out - there was no rush or anything. It was blissful though. I actually did it while I was in jail.

Sucks to hear. I may have went from a big fan to a critic, but I hope he gets the help he needs and moves forward from this. I knew he sounded weird the last few times I listened to him, sleepy and out of it. The thing that has disappointed me the most isn't his beliefs but how badly he articulates and supports those beliefs now, he is a smart guy and I want him to return to form.

I haven't listened to anything Peterson has had to say since the pronoun law controversy a couple years ago. Did he really say the stuff you're accusing him of here? Because that would make him a serious asshole.

If you want to form an opinion on the guy, then you should probably listen to his own words, instead of hot takes from War Room posters.

This is not exactly the place for neutrality and objectivity.

I'd say that he puts an emphasis on individual responsibility and hard work, but it's not like he's out there calling people losers, just because they have some criticisms to make about society. What he says is actually pretty basic stuff, that instead of constantly blaming external factors for our problems, we should critique the self, and take a long hard look at what we're doing, as individuals.

It's really just about emphasizing the individual, and critiquing the self, which he feels is lost in today's "social media" culture, where people tend to act like they're part of a herd.

I don't post much but this thread is close to me. After many years of being on a host of SSRIs and Benzos (all prescribed), early this year (2019), I decided to taper off. I got tired of the side effects, the lack of results, and the constant changes/additions to what I was prescribed. My last cocktail that I took daily was:
-Venlafaxine (Effexor)
-Alprazalam (Xanax)
-Naltrexone
-Lamotrigene
-Gabba Pentin
-Ambien

The first 2-3 months were very hard.

The Benzo and Venlafaxine withdrawals were very hard. I could not have done it if I had the type of schedule that Peterson has. My schedule lets me work when I am feeling good and rest when not. I am lucky.

No matter what you feel of Peterson, no one should wish ill will on this man due to his checking into rehab. He did, what appears to be, the right thing. He asked for professional help after working to remove benzos from his life. Should he have taken them? That's up to him. Benzos are great at reducing anxiety. They make you not care. I imagine he needed this type of relief when told that his wife would soon die of cancer. I wish him the best.

I don't post much but this thread is close to me. After many years of being on a host of SSRIs and Benzos (all prescribed), early this year (2019), I decided to taper off. I got tired of the side effects, the lack of results, and the constant changes/additions to what I was prescribed. My last cocktail that I took daily was:
-Venlafaxine (Effexor)
-Alprazalam (Xanax)
-Naltrexone
-Lamotrigene
-Gabba Pentin
-Ambien

The Benzo and Venlafaxine withdrawals were very hard. I could not have done it if I had the type of schedule that Peterson has. My schedule lets me work when I am feeling good and rest when not. I am lucky.

No matter what you feel of Peterson, no one should wish ill will on this man due to his checking into rehab. He did, what appears to be, the right thing. He asked for professional help after working to remove benzos from his life. Should he have taken them? That's up to him. Benzos are great at reducing anxiety. They make you not care. I imagine he needed this type of relief when told that his wife would soon die of cancer. I wish him the best.
Thanks for posting. Hope you stick around and post more!

Thanks for posting. Hope you stick around and post more!
Thanks man. My original account was from 2005, like you. I somehow lost it and created this one back around 2009. I read Sherdog a lot, several times a week and more when a fight is on, I just don't usually feel like posting.

He brought it on himself. You don't get to stand on the mountain top judging everyone, and then check yourself into rehab, without a bit of snickering coming your way.
I feel u lol. What’s next getting life advice from Steve O and flavor flav. Hell I’d take life advice from steve o because at least he’s honest about his addiction. Peterson probably doesn’t even believe anything he says himself.

Well for your sake I hope it's 1.5mg or less. 150mg and you'd be scrambled.

I was on 2mg of clonazepam a day from probably 2008-2012. I swear, the side effects were probably from all the colors and shit they put in the pill itself.

I haven't listened to anything Peterson has had to say since the pronoun law controversy a couple years ago. Did he really say the stuff you're accusing him of here? Because that would make him a serious asshole.

His has been pretty "Just stop making excuses!!" in my view. I will say, him having such a lack of knowledge related to physiology and human performance, given the field he's in, and the types of talks he likes to give on Circadian cycles and what not, it's quite odd. He has bragged for years about reading a book a day; He should have included anatomy and physiology books in with whatever he has been reading. For him to not know about klonopin/clonazepam, and to do that stupid ass meat diet, man, I would think his license should be looked at, considering he has to be giving people advice based upon his lack of knowledge.

For someone who speaks like an amateur dietician (especially with his weirdo naturepath daughter goading him on), he should have known that humans are omnivores, and our bodily chemistry, particularly in our gut biome, requires more than just protein.

I've just watched that video and it is superb

Peterson talks utter shit

-Venlafaxine (Effexor)
-Alprazalam (Xanax)
-Naltrexone
-Lamotrigene
-Gabba Pentin
-Ambien

Thanks for sharing your personal story.

Great post btw

Back