Jordan Parsons diagnosed with CTE after only 5 years in MMA

The U.S. Army treats brain trauma with methamphetamine.

Well thats retarded since Meth is a seriously neurotoxic. Like maybe a low dose here and there is good for the brain, but I would rather do MDMA than meth. The peptides I've mentioned are scientifically proven to achieve neurogenesis after brain damage.

I agree. Though Gaethje still sounds sharp in interviews, he most likely has permanent damage. Diego definitely has CTE, though it might not be obvious to many, since he’s always been loopy.
Overeem amazes me he sounds so sharp after 17 ok losses in his fighting career but when you think about it he doesn't take massive beatings hes one shot ko'ed which is never good but probably better than the beatings justin and diego have sustained.

Reactions: CPH
Any exposure to head trauma is dangerous. Even with everyone blowing themselves about athlete safety and concussion awareness the fact is people are still getting hit in the head all the time in contact sports, there's no getting away from it. MMA, like other contact sports, is inseparable from brain injury.

The CTE thing is getting a little nuts. Like yeah, people who do things where their head gets rattled makes their brains look different than someone who has never even had a concussion. I'm sure the spectrum of slight-CTE to severe-CTE is fucking gigantic.

I bet if they started doing this on every athlete in every sport, 90% of them would be 'positive' for CTE.
This.

I’m no expert or even slightly educated in this field...but wouldn’t dying in a fatal car accident possibly cause brain damage consistent with CTE?
Well now you’re just making shit up.

I think in the future we will have simple and easy cure for this. Not concerned and I think it will be available in the next 10 years.

I’ve only been KO’d graveyard-style once and I can tell you my brain is probably never gonna be the same unless I scrounge enough money for pressurized oxygen therapy and even then.... I have a hard time reading numbers.. not sure if I’ll ever be 100% again....

Every major sport concussion/neurology body has said there is no conclusive evidence of a cause and effect relationship between sport concussion and CTE. I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you. Have you read one actual medical journal on this subject?

You said there is "no evidence CTE actually causes any symptoms," which is a retarded comment. Now, you post links about there not being a definite causative link between concussions and CTE, which is a completely different topic. Brain injury medicine is a new field. Without epidemiological, cross-sectional, or prospective studies related to CTE, it's impossible to determine definite causation. That doesn't mean there is a lack of consensus about this. Most research suggests that CTE is caused in part by repetitive brain trauma.

Lol asking if I've ever read a medical journal. Look, kid, I'm a physician and read multiple journals every month. I read articles almost on a daily basis. Not only that, but probably close to 1/3 of my caseload are patients with traumatic brain injuries. I could apply to sit for the next brain injury medicine subspecialty certification exam if I wanted, but I already have enough to keep up with as it is in my specialty and two subspecialties.

Lol asking if I've ever read a medical journal. Look, kid, I'm a physician and read multiple journals every month. I read articles almost on a daily basis. Not only that, but probably close to 1/3 of my caseload are patients with traumatic brain injuries. I could apply to sit for the next brain injury medicine subspecialty certification exam if I wanted, but I already have enough to keep up with as it is in my specialty and two subspecialties.

Yeah and I'm 6' 5" 250 shredded.

“I think you’d be surprised!”

giphy.gif
Ding ding ding, giving the degradation of his speech over the past couple of years im pretty sure Schaub is riddled with it.

I'm not trying to be a dick, this is a naive question, but wouldn't the massive brain trauma of being killed in a traffic accident look like brain damage on a scan?

Ali ended up a vegetable. Most these guys will too, except Overeem somehow.
I would bet my Sherdog account that Overeem has CTE. Just because he is sharp in his 30s doesn't mean anything seeing as how CTE is a neurodegenerative disease. Nobody walks away from 10+ KO's unscathed.

Poor diet I tell you........ something, something gut, brain axis........

Book mark this...........

I would bet my Sherdog account that Overeem has CTE. Just because he is sharp in his 30s doesn't mean anything seeing as how CTE is a neurodegenerative disease. Nobody walks away from 10+ KO's unscathed.
The joke went by your head clearly.

Back