News Jordan Burros changes mind wants an MMA fight

2022 Triller MMA: Askren vs Burroughs

'aw shit not again' - Askren
giphy.gif

He's gonna fight some can in Bellator like Herschel Walker did

Should go to PFL...i think hed do well...bring some hype to the promotion ...maybe win a Mill...

And leave as MMA champion
Agreed. That million dollar payday could be quite the motivation for him. And Dana isn’t paying out that much.

Jordan has no sub grappling training, he would have to be an idiot to take Danis down and I don't think he is an idiot.

All hBurroughs needs to do is take Danis down, quick ground and pound, attempt to pass and if that fails, stand up rinse and repeat. He's a lot stronger and more explosive than Danis; and should be able to tire out the BJJ player with his bigger gas tank.

I imagine that Burroughs hits a lot harder, too; so he can work the body on the feet where he's going to have a significant speed advantage. Once the hands come down, Burroughs (if he knows how to punch) can get the KO.

It wouldn't necessarily go down like that, but that's one scenario that could be planned for.

Punk had a built in fan base from the WWE.

Who the hell actually watches collegiate wrestling (The answer is no one).

Even at the Olympics, wrestling is near the top of least watched events.

It ranks up there with sailing as least popular to watch.

The UFC will not sign him for a one fight contract.

LOL my partner at my old firm (who ended up being a bit of a con man) nationally ranked and wrestled in some international tournaments in the eastern block (won a couple of matches) when he was in or just out of high school, used to go on and on about the NJ high school regional scene; but when I'd say something like "DC (or Ben Askren) is fighting this weekend," he'd be drawing a blank.
These dudes were major Aaron Pico dick riders and would go to his meets before he graduated highschool. Grown men with Stock Brokers licenses.

F'ing weirdos.

You cant match a newcomer like Borroughs with a veteran like Punk. That would be unfair. Remember that regarding Rener Gracie Punk was on brown belt bjj level even years ago.
I think you are right. I may be dipping too hard into the just bleed side of me.

All hBurroughs needs to do is take Danis down, quick ground and pound, attempt to pass and if that fails, stand up rinse and repeat. He's a lot stronger and more explosive than Danis; and should be able to tire out the BJJ player with his bigger gas tank.

I imagine that Burroughs hits a lot harder, too; so he can work the body on the feet where he's going to have a significant speed advantage. Once the hands come down, Burroughs (if he knows how to punch) can get the KO.

It wouldn't necessarily go down like that, but that's one scenario that could be planned for.

You are greatly underestimating how much BJJ(or any sub grappling) matters IMO. Jordan has never cross trained in BJJ or striking for that matter. Him going to the ground with Danis would be a very bad idea IMO, he is far more likely to be able to pick up some striking skills and use his much greater athleticism to out strike Danis than to outgrapple Danis without being submitted.

Danis' striking is crap and he's a below average athlete, but he is very good on the ground. It's a lot more likely Jordan can become a better striker with a short amount of training than he would be capable of beating him on the ground with a short amount of training.

If he fights he will fight more than once. That competitive itch will only become inflamed if he scrachtes it, imo.

You are greatly underestimating how much BJJ(or any sub grappling) matters IMO. Jordan has never cross trained in BJJ or striking for that matter. Him going to the ground with Danis would be a very bad idea IMO, he is far more likely to be able to pick up some striking skills and use his much greater athleticism to out strike Danis than to outgrapple Danis without being submitted.

Danis' striking is crap and he's a below average athlete, but he is very good on the ground. It's a lot more likely Jordan can become a better striker with a short amount of training than he would be capable of beating him on the ground with a short amount of training.

all great points.

Let me be 100% clear. I'm talking about using takedowns and quick scrambles to score points then going right back to the feet.
I don't believe that Burroughs would last more than 20-30 seconds on the ground with Danis.
I do think that he can take him down, land in half guard or side control, drop (literally) a few punches or elbows then frame get back to the feet, kick the legs, and make Danis stand back up.
I'm guessing that he can keep that up for 3 rounds.

I do agree that Burroughs might be able to learn enough striking to do some damage on the feet.

Who knows, maybe Danis subs him; but that's essentially the strategy that I'd try to get Burroughs to implement if I was his coach/trainer. Of course, I'd have to scout Danis to be sure, though.

One fight he doesn't have to make much adjustments training but if he wants to go full in. He probably has to lose weight. He is kinda short

Back