Jordan Borroughs would toy with Khabib

Kinda of a shitty thing for Jordan to say to someone who just helped him raise his profile. Let’s be honest, Americans don’t give a shit about amateur wrestling. Ben knew he wasn’t going to win but still took the match to help wrestling. Am I looking at this wrong?
No but most people are going to look at it wrong . Just dont even bother it's like talking to a brick wall

No shit, I bet Djokovic would beat Khabib in a tennis match too.

Was just going to say this. A world champion wrestler would beat Khabib in a wrestling match?! Get out of town? I bet that dude thinks Mayweather would beat Conor in a boxing match too...

It's easy to shoot when strikes aren't being thrown in your direction, he'd have to adapt his game completely as well as learn to avoid submissions. Heck with a year or two's training he could be a force though.
Serious question this isn't a bash but what is drug testing like in wrestling? That is absolutely not me accusing him of doping, it's just something to think about.

It’s very likely he would be at least a good mma fighter, but trust me on this mma is very different from wrestling and if he fought somebody in the top 15, much less Khabib, Jordan would get wrecked.

Americans don’t give a shit about amateur wrestling.

That's a pretty bold statement considering how many wrestlers we produce and how many universities have wrestling programs.

Kinda of a shitty thing for Jordan to say to someone who just helped him raise his profile. Let’s be honest, Americans don’t give a shit about amateur wrestling. Ben knew he wasn’t going to win but still took the match to help wrestling. Am I looking at this wrong?

No. We don't give a shit about wrestling. You were correct.

I saw their interviews and jordan came across as quite respectful and humble, the appropriate response imo.

That tweet is surprising, he probably didn't mean it in a disrespectful way to askren but it comes across that way.

In amateur wrestling? Sure
In MMA? There's levels to this

one big crack to the noggin isn't something burroughs has ever dealt with before. ask aaron pico his thoughts on this subject.

Khabib would die in seconds

Make it happen Dana

If Jones and DC had a son, he'd be Jordan Borroughs

In MMA? Or wrestling...

MMA is a whole nother beast..i dont get why people cant understand this..

You cant take an olympic sprinter and put him in a endurance marathon and expect hes gunna win...there different sports..so is MMA and wrestling..

In MMA id put my money on khabib TBH..

Wrestling its clear Borroughs would win

Until Khabib starts swinging the hammer.
And then Jordan goes to sleep or quits.

It's just like how Ed Ruth toyed with Neiman Gracie in Bellator.... oh, wait....

In MMA? Or wrestling...

MMA is a whole nother beast..i dont get why people cant understand this..

You cant take an olympic sprinter and put him in a endurance marathon and expect hes gunna win...there different sports..so is MMA and wrestling..

In MMA id put my money on khabib TBH..

Wrestling its clear Borroughs would win
Khabib wins via being a blanket he would lay and pray and put Jb to sleep as well as the TV audience.

I saw their interviews and jordan came across as quite respectful and humble, the appropriate response imo.

That tweet is surprising, he probably didn't mean it in a disrespectful way to askren but it comes across that way.
Yeah that does seem like an odd thing to say after their interview together. Askren is nearly a decade removed from competing in the sport, has talked about being past his prime physically, and was wrestling under the ruleset that benefitted Jordan most. The whole levels comment is sort of statement on talent but there's plenty of reasons Ben lost beyond that.

Not that he isn't on another level right now.

Casuals never heard of Jordan until yesterday and now he would be the MMA GOAT

<36>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back