Jon's Wrestling Coach for UFC 182? A Brilliant Gameplanner.

Got to admit i"m with you on this one Barney, I'm expecting DC to do the business on Bones

It's not the wrestling coach. I think people are forgetting about Jons broken toe and not realizing that a breaking a toe like that can leave you physically and mentally altered. I'm not exactly sure how it effects Jon but it is quite clear that his wrestling hasn't been as impressive in his outings since the broken toe.

I don't know about that, I don't think that breaking your toe leaves the same psychological scars as say, throwing a kick, snapping your tib & fib in half and then being able to throw kicks again. I could be wrong but I don't think Jones's toe can take the blame for struggling to take Gus and Glover down. I'm leaning more towards the fact that Glover had never been taken down in a UFC fight and that Gus has a 86% TD

Maybe Glover & Gus have better TDD than they get credit for. Besides, few people really think Jon will out wrestle DC.

They have good TDD that is also helped by the fact that they weren't dwarfed by Jon

If anything causes DC problems it will be the combination of clinch shorts strikes ( elbows, knees ), and leverages of JBJ in the wresling department...
He is the better wrestler but he is no 6'2-6'4 guy and Jones's reach/height is a factor in the wrestling dpt too ( doubles can be shot from very far etc. )

All of what you posted means absolutely nothing. Besides, Gus has pretty good TDD and he was the same frame as Jones.

I didn't read because your wrestling coach isn't making your gameplan, and Jones has said many times he doesn't usually have one going in but lets the fight come to him.

Anyone who thinks Jones wins the wrestling department in this fight is either delusional or doesn't watch fights and should be ignored anyway.

I don't think he'll win it by any means but I don't think Cormier will be able to dominate it either, although it will allow him to throw strikes with reckless abandon. Hopefully I'm wrong and he grapplefucks Jones for five rounds.

Discuss?? Fuck you! God, I hate it when some shertard with more time than sense makes some fucking stupid statement and then says, "discuss". Thanks for your fucking order/permission but no thank you. Your topic sucks.

Who the fuck cares? You think Jon's camp is arrogant and then you fuckin give us permission to "discuss"! Dude, either you don't know what arrogant means or you're a right ****.

There...I'm done bitching. And no, DC will not manrape Jones nor destroy him. He might win but not via those sophomoric descriptives.

zuhc0ueuzhwajdawewhn.jpg

Wtf was this thread? With that said DC will break bones new LHW JAN 3

So even though DC's wrestling will be better than it's ever been in years, and even though Jon couldn't take down or hold down non-wrestlers like Gus and Glover -- many Sherdoggers still think Jon will outwrestle DC and hold him down?
Out-wrestled and not ragdolled. lol

I just read that Jon brought in Izzy Martinez as his wrestling coach for UFC 182.

You know who Izzy is, right?

He's the same wrestling coach who Jon used to gameplan for UFC 165.

You know, the fight where Jon went 1 for 11 in takedowns and managed to get 10 seconds of top control before Gus stood up.

Izzy was the guy who trained Jon's grappling for that fight.

You know, the same fight where Gus got rocked by an elbow but Jon still couldn't take him down even in a halfway KO'd state.

DC gets flack on Sherdog for ragdolling Hendo just because Hendo came in 6 pounds light. Yet these same Sherdoggers "praise" Jon Jones for fighting a European striker and going 1 for 11 in TD's and failing to implement any top control for his single TD.

Jeeze. Sherdog is a tough crowd.

I keep hearing that Jon will use top control to finish DC. That doesn't bother me to hear that.

What I find odd is that I'm hearing this in light of the fact that Jon couldn't even hold down Gus or Glover who aren't even wrestlers.

How the fuck does that compute?

Non wrestlers = better than Olympic wrestler?

That's like saying 2 plus 2 equals 7.

That's like saying: [wrestling = Gus>Glover>DC]

That's like saying your fucken mother can out-dunk Kobe Bryant.

Are Sherdoggers batshit crazy? Somebody help me out here. Set me straight. Please talk some sense into me.

Dudes, DC has been training nothing but top level wrestling since last summer. DC's wrestling against Hendo and Barnett was far less than it will be on Saturday night since he's never trained it this hard in years. His wrestling is on a level not seen before in his previous mma fights.

So even though DC's wrestling will be better than it's ever been in years, and even though Jon couldn't take down or hold down non-wrestlers like Gus and Glover -- many Sherdoggers still think Jon will outwrestle DC and hold him down?

Okay. I get it now.

PS -- Remember this article?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...itschko-brothers-insist-striking-coaches.html

You know, when Jon's team said he could box the Klitschkos?

Methinks that camp is full of arrogance.

But AKA is full of elite grinders who train ala Cain. DC by destruction and/or manrape.

Discuss.

So how was the wrestling gameplan joker?

Back