Jon's Media Meltdowns and Clashing, it's Classic INSECURITY.

Thanks Sigmund Sherfraud.

Nobody knows how these guys feel but them, why does everybody feel the need to play psychologist?

you been here like weeks and you've made about a dozen threads on jones

zsdp3.jpg

He's a young guy maturing in the spotlight. Just his twitter activities alone make it pretty apparent he doesn't know what to do with himself.

Having said that, I can't disagree with the OP. Not sure if Jones is insecure or just inconsistant because of external pressures. I'm sure he's more insecure than Cormier.

Irrelevant for the outcome of the fight and the fighting, though.

Go watch the WWE if this type of stuff gets your panties wet.

Mods: I'm not bashing Jon's fighting ability since he's a great fighter and DC will have his hands full, I'm just commenting on Jon's constant clashing with DC and his media meltdowns. That's fair game for analysis.

Classic insecurity. No need to explain yourself, bro.

TS is obsessed. He won't be sticking around after Saturday.

dunno bout that, but he acted weird at the staredown yesterday
i think he expects a very hard fight and is ready to lose

Before the Gus fight when Alex was saying things like "I can beat Jon Jones any day", Jon never got angry or lost his cool.

Instead of getting angry, Jon just smiled and said "Come on, son, Come on" in a calm demeanor while smirking.

He did that because Jon had so much confidence in his ability to beat Gus that he found it amusing that Alex thought he could win. Kind of like if a kid says he can beat up a grown man, the grown man just thinks it's cute and smiles. That's why he just smirked at Gus' remarks instead of getting angry and losing his cool.

That was TRUE confidence shown by Jon.

But Jon's showing nothing but insecurity for this fight with DC.

Jon's made several petty and childish remarks about DC in the media which he never made about Gus, which shows he's very insecure about his chances with DC.

He makes fun of DC's 4th place Olympic finish and non athletic body when neither of those things has any bearing on the fight. Is Jon suggesting that if DC had gotten bronze then his chances of outwrestling DC would be worse? LOL.

In those Olympics DC lost to Gatsalov [the Olympic gold medalist] and to an Iranian world champion. In fact, DC was leading the bronze medal match 1-0 when it ended but had to fight overtime due to quirky rules. It was that close.

I fail to see how DC's 4th place finish differs from 3rd place [or even 1st place] in terms of how far DC's wrestling skill level is above Jon's.

In 2008, DC was ranked #2 in the world before the Olympics. And before that DC had previously won a bronze medal at the world championships.

His wrestling can't be "talked" down. Jon is simply not at that level. You can't talk yourself up to that level Jon.

Kind of like how Miesha Tate was so insecure about Ronda [before their first fight] that she resorted to making fun of Ronda's bronze medal at the Olympics, as a way to make herself feel "less beneath Ronda".

Jon also insecurely talked about his own weight on fight night, claiming that DC can't bully him because he'll be 227 pounds on fight night, LMAO.

DC ragdolled Barnett and trains with Gatsalov, one of the strongest and most dominant wrestlers ever to live. LOL.

Jon, your weight on fight night is a non factor. Even if Hendo had weighed-in at 205 [or 225] DC would have done the exact same thing to Hendo. The extra 10-20 pounds has no bearing on DC's wrestling since he wrestles with Gatsalov. Capiche Jon? LOL.

Jon's trying to find ways to convince himself why DC won't be able to outwrestle or ragdoll him like he did to Josh Barnett and Hendo. But by doing this publicly he's telegraphing his own fear of DC's wrestling.

It reminds me of Miesha Tate before the first Ronda fight when she talked about how Ronda wouldn't be able to outgrapple her because Ronda's weight cut [into a lighter division] would mean she wouldn't be as strong as she was at Featherweight, LOL.

In other words, Miesha was so worried about Ronda's Olympic grappling that she was trying to come up with artificial reasons to convince herself [and everybody else] why Ronda couldn't outgrapple her. It's classic insecurity.

Hint: A person who is TRULY SECURE with their skills wouldn't even THINK about such things, let alone comment about them publicly. They would just SMILE or SMIRK and wait for the chance to show the world that they are the better fighter.

That's why Jon smiled and smirked when Gus made comments about beating him -- but yet Jon loses his cool when DC makes comments. That's because Jon was TRULY confident that he could easily beat Gus, but with DC he's much more insecure about his chances of winning and it's showing in the media.

Jon's kind of like those guys in prison who are scheduled to fight somebody soon due to prison politics, but they're so insecure and anxious that they start the fight at lunchtime right in front of a correctional officer -- they do this to ensure the fight gets broken up within 2 seconds so their anxiety can end.

In case you don't understand what that means, I'm not saying that Jon's afraid of being physically hurt. I'm saying that Jon's anxiety about possibly losing his belt is more than he can take right now and he's coming apart at the seams.

Jon's anxiety is causing him to clash with DC because he can't bear to wait for the "unknown" to happen. The thought that DC might actually take his title is making Jon lose his cool. It's classic insecurity.

Also, in his interview with Ariel his insecurity showed again when he claimed that the thought of losing to DC has never even entered his mind. Which is a lie, because he wouldn't be so worked up if he really believed that he was invincible and incapable of losing to DC.

All human beings understand that nobody is invincible. Jon does too whether he admits it or not.

DC was HONEST with Ariel when asked the same question, showing his mature attitude and his own confidence in himself. DC admitted that it's a fight and anything can happen. But he also said that he believes strongly in his ability to beat Jon and has used the thought of losing as a "motivator" to train harder to ensure it doesn't happen.

That's how a SECURE and CONFIDENT person responds.

In my opinion based on everything said so far, Jon is probably shitting bricks right now and hyperventilating due to the ANXIETY and INSECURITY he feels about this fight. DC is in his head. Jon appears to be coming apart at the seams.

Mods: I'm not bashing Jon's fighting ability since he's a great fighter and DC will have his hands full, I'm just commenting on Jon's constant clashing with DC and his media meltdowns. That's fair game for analysis.

Creating yet another thread to convince yourself that Jon Jones is already beaten before he's even stepped into the cage....classic insecurity thread

Who's gonna read that much about why you think Jones is insecure? Who gives a shit?

You're not incorrect in that he acts differently during this fights buildup.

But that could be just a matter of him having seen how easy it is to get a reaction out of DC.

If the champion went after Gus like that, he'd find himself in an inferior position when the challenger suddenly smirks with confidence and shrugs it off.

DC has not acted like that, he got upset when Patrick Cummins was talking shit and it's been even easier for Jones to get him riled, which is easy to take advantage of in normal circumstances in a fight.

Maybe DC will keep his cool once they step in the cage, but so far it looks like he's a ticking timebomb ready to go for broke.

TL;DR Gus doesn't react the way DC does when provoked so the change in Jones' behaviour is completely logical.

Back