Jonny Bones working with the guy that made Hendricks 170lbs on fight night?

Toco

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
so, apparently, hes working with this guy

this was the guy that was the nutritionist for hendricks in his fight against thompson. he hit the weight quite well, but he looked like he was legit 170 on fight night (and looked like garbage and small as fuck). and that would be completely acceptable, because this guy's approach is to manage weight cut, and not cut weight, so these guys basically dont cut weight, so h endricks was 170 at the weight ins, same as fight night, so jonny bones is gonna be 205 at fight night? thats dangerous. maybe thats a good sign that he will lose against dc, who knows

is he gonna give 15~20 pounds to dc? weidman was smaller than rockhold and you all know what happened. if thats true, and that the guy uses this same ridiculous approach to what he did to hendricks and eddie gordon, i see trouble in the horizon for jonny. you gonna give that much wrestling advantage to dc? and dc allegedly is gonna focus more on the wrestling for the fight, not gonna try to exchange that much. that was at least what he said that he should do on the first fight back then

TLDR, the nutrioionist believes in not cutting weight, so jonny bones would be 205 at fight night, against a 215~220(?) dc

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/3...erview-eddie-gordon-weight-managment-mma-news
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...D4LxV2YzSgT-Vg&bvm=bv.115277099,d.Y2I&cad=rja

I do not think you actually know how heavy Hendricks was on fight night, and what the exact reasons were for whatever his weight was. Maybe he was lighter, maybe he was not. It could have been a change in training, or USADA regulations.

Either way, that one scenario is not enough to assume a trend of this guy's fighters showing up too light to be competitive. The fighter's have input as well.

I'll also add, Hendrick's problem against Wonderboy was not his weight. It was his inability to deal with a very difficult (and somewhat unique) style.

Last edited:
It's okay. Hendricks blamed his training partners this time, not his nutritionist.

I'm okay with it - just avoid that strong man training johny was doing.

With th IV ban guys will lose weight or risk having a bad recovery after weigh-ins. Since Jones has never really struggled on the scales I would be surprised if he struggled with the adjustment like Hendricks. Won't know until April.

I do not think you actually know how heavy Hendricks was on fight night, and what the exact reasons were for whatever his weight was. Maybe he was lighter, maybe he was not. It could have been a change in training, or USADA regulations.

Either way, that one scenario is not enough to assume a trend of this guy's fighters showing up too light to be competitive. The fighter's have input as well.

I'll also add, Hendrick's problem against Wonderboy was not his weight. It was his inability to deal with a very difficult (and somewhat unique) style.
This. We don't know what was up with Hendricks, maybe Wonderboy is just that good.

Bones 50-45

With th IV ban guys will lose weight or risk having a bad recovery after weigh-ins. Since Jones has never really struggled on the scales I would be surprised if he struggled with the adjustment like Hendricks. Won't know until April.

but jones appears to have added a lot of muscle mass during his fun-employment. so now he will have to cut from a higher weight without the benefit of being able to use IV if needed.

he must have gained quite a bit of weight because Jones has never had an issue with weight whatsoever. IIRC he's weighed in at 204 multiple times

We have no idea what Hendricks weighed on fight night. You're trying to gauge someone's weight by the eye test and I think that's quite stupid.

but jones appears to have added a lot of muscle mass during his fun-employment. so now he will have to cut from a higher weight without the benefit of being able to use IV if needed.
He looks more muscled but he was still around 230 before camp. That is normal.

he must have gained quite a bit of weight because Jones has never had an issue with weight whatsoever. IIRC he's weighed in at 204 multiple times
I find it strange as well. We've never heard of any type of weight issues or him even needing help to get down to 205. I guess its tougher to cut now with all the muscle mass he gained.

so, apparently, hes working with this guy

this was the guy that was the nutritionist for hendricks in his fight against thompson. he hit the weight quite well, but he looked like he was legit 170 on fight night (and looked like garbage and small as fuck). and that would be completely acceptable, because this guy's approach is to manage weight cut, and not cut weight, so these guys basically dont cut weight, so h endricks was 170 at the weight ins, same as fight night, so jonny bones is gonna be 205 at fight night? thats dangerous. maybe thats a good sign that he will lose against dc, who knows

is he gonna give 15~20 pounds to dc? weidman was smaller than rockhold and you all know what happened. if thats true, and that the guy uses this same ridiculous approach to what he did to hendricks and eddie gordon, i see trouble in the horizon for jonny. you gonna give that much wrestling advantage to dc? and dc allegedly is gonna focus more on the wrestling for the fight, not gonna try to exchange that much. that was at least what he said that he should do on the first fight back then

TLDR, the nutrioionist believes in not cutting weight, so jonny bones would be 205 at fight night, against a 215~220(?) dc

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/3...erview-eddie-gordon-weight-managment-mma-news
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjQrPrTz5PLAhUFF5AKHbZrB7QQFggjMAE&url=http://themmacorner.com/2015/09/06/lou-giordano-is-helping-the-biggest-problem-in-mma/&usg=AFQjCNEzpHTQjqr47V6UeVw-rtChN7M6Zw&sig2=VRSV5_zED4LxV2YzSgT-Vg&bvm=bv.115277099,d.Y2I&cad=rja

Hendricks weighed 180-something the week before the fight. Jones was a lean 225 lbs 12 weeks out. He's not gonna lose 20 lbs of muscle/fat, ffs. There's a reason why he bulked up, and it wasn't so he could lose it all before his next fight.

this guy stated numerous times that their guys dont cut weight, and eddie was light as hell, and afaik he said that gordon was 185 against antonio carlos junior

yeah, but maybe that first time that hendricks tried to take him down he would have succeeded, and tired thompson out, who knows

and about hendricks, he looked smaller, and its the approach of the guy, his gimmick, his bs. thats his way of being a nutritionist for fighters. but maybe hes doing something different with jonny

and the fight that i talked about is about 2 guys close in skill (jj and dc), so yeah weight will play a big factor. if this guy is doing the same with jj (doubt that), its a big problem

but yeah i dont see that happening

man all these new regulations r retarded as fuck, stop ruining the sport. weight cutting is a part of mma and should stay.

It's okay. Hendricks blamed his training partners this time, not his nutritionist.
user416315_pic21117_1410818918.jpg

Back