Jones's Injuries Are Adding Up...

Not really the Sonnen fight was such a fluke injury and the Vitor fight nothing serious happened he basically strained some tendons in his arm.. Nothing yet has required a major surgery to correct an issue he has not had a bad knee operation or worse yet back or neck. Anyone would get banged up in a fight like last night..

His arm was fucked, his toe has been fucked, and his foot/shins have been fucked . Those are kind of some important things to have at 100% in a fight, wouldn't you say? Fedor never experienced any of that(except broken toe leading into Hunt fight) and was largely injury free in terms of his fights and he was talking about retirement because of his injuries before he even joined strikeforce.

It's worth mentioning that Fedor did have perpetual issues with his right hand for a bit in Pride.

there was a time when jones talked about fighting three or four times a year, but (lol) i think he's already realized what training for five round fights (and then actually fighting) does to the body.

not that i don't want to see an active champ, but this sport is just plain brutal on the body.

His arm was fucked, his toe has been fucked, and his foot/shins have been fucked . Those are kind of some important things to have at 100% in a fight, wouldn't you say? Fedor never experienced any of that(except broken toe leading into Hunt fight) and was largely injury free in terms of his fights and he was talking about retirement because of his injuries before he even joined strikeforce.

Fedor's hand was made of glass. You don't know what you're talking about.

Fail.

Fedor's hand was made of glass. You don't know what you're talking about.

Fail.

Jones has already has a hand injury, and Jones has already shown some susceptibility to injury in his legs. Also you're just further proving my point that injuries accumulate overtime and slow down fighters.

Nobody is denying that, this is merely an observation that Jones who went through most of his fights unscathed is starting to accumulate some injuries that could hinder his game. Him being at the top, in his division and p4p make this especially noteworthy.

Yeah but it sounds like you're trying to make the argument that Jones would have fared so much better were it not for the toe injury. You could say that about any fighter who has had to fight through an injury or even a severe eye pock which limited his vision. Jones seemed to moving quite well as he was spinning, kicking, running and attempting take-downs all over the cage. If anything it was his lack of head movement and the much better boxing of Gus that hurt him. We also found that Gus had exceptional take-down defense.

What the fuck are you talking about. Other than his toe which was healed, everything you listed happened last night. You realize when you fight top talent you get injuries on occasion. Tell me how many times Jones has been to the hospital other than his last two fights. One was a freak accident the other was a result of one of the most badass fights in the history of the championship fights in LHW. Again another flame thread.

Agreed.

Some fighters can't even get past training camp without an injury or coming out 100%.

He dislocated a toe once, and hyper'd his elbow. If you can get through an eight week training camp with less, you're pretty much winning.

Yeah but it sounds like you're trying to make the argument that Jones would have fared so much better were it not for the toe injury. You could say that about any fighter who has had to fight through an injury or even a severe eye pock which limited his vision. Jones seemed to moving quite well as he was spinning, kicking, running and attempting take-downs all over the cage. If anything it was his lack of head movement and the much better boxing of Gus that hurt him. We also found that Gus had exceptional take-down defense.

I'm not saying injuries caused his less than ideal performance, but that some of his injuries before the fight and what he experienced during the fight are the types that add up and slow down fighters. If he was fighting mixed competition it would be one thing, but he is consistently against only top guys. Guys that study him more, have seen more from him, all these things add up to a decline in fighters performances I think. I'm not saying he's going to start losing all the time now, but he may not breeze through opponents anymore.

What injuries?

All he did was broke his toe which he recovered from.

You never fully recover from a broken toe, that kind of injury stays with you for life. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he messes up his other toe now as a result. The body will try to compensate big toe usage by relying more on his healthy toe and in turn injure that one as well. Personally, I believe he never fully recovered from his first big toe injury.

What the fuck are you talking about. Other than his toe which was healed, everything you listed happened last night. You realize when you fight top talent you get injuries on occasion. Tell me how many times Jones has been to the hospital other than his last two fights. One was a freak accident the other was a result of one of the most badass fights in the history of the championship fights in LHW. Again another flame thread.

Yeah and how does any of what you said indicate that he's going to be perfect for his next fight and that injuries aren't going to hinder his career like they have numerous fighters before hand? Just because you are seemingly butthurt about observations relevant to pretty much any MMA fighter, doesn't make this a flame thread.

Agreed.

Some fighters can't even get past training camp without an injury or coming out 100%.

You're missing the point, Jones is top p4p, he's looking at his next fight being Glover or Gustaffson again. Yeah, fighters have injuries all the time, but how many have injuries all the time and are consistently fighting high level opponents in a big weight class without losing?

Yeah and how does any of what you said indicate that he's going to be perfect for his next fight and that injuries aren't going to hinder his career like they have numerous fighters before hand? Just because you are seemingly butthurt about observations relevant to pretty much any MMA fighter, doesn't make this a flame thread.

I think the point is that we already knew that.

You got a point, TS. The last couple of fights have started to take a toll on Bones. I could see in the next couple of fights, him having to postpone a title fight and having an Interim Belt. I hope not, though.

If so, I just hope it is just a broken bone, or something of that nature. Nothing like Cruz's terrible knee injuries. Imo, Cruz will never be the same from those injuries. I think Renan Barao will definitely beat Cruz. It is sad, because I would have loved to see a prime Cruz vs. Barao.

Back