jones would move to hw if

grimballer

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
he would actually get paid more as hw.

its that simple n ppl need to realize this.

fighting is his job 1st n foremost n his goal is to get best deal possible.

right now fighting as lhw is best for jones. he can easily make the weight n thats where hes gonna make the most $$$ (outside of cain fight or course)

if ufc wanst jones (or any other fighter) to move up, they should give monetary incentives.

the highest paid weight class should be hw, then lhw, then mw, n so on.

this way fighters will stop playing the "weight cutting game" n would fight at highest weight class possible.

It's not that easy. Even if Jones was to be paid more at hw, he would still have to consider that winning at lhw woul pay more than losing at hw.

Doesn't that put the lower weight classes at a disadvantage, there is only so much weight they cut. You can't expect Aldo to fight at middle weight or Lawler at light heavy.

It's not that easy. Even if Jones was to be paid more at hw, he would still have to consider that winning at lhw woul pay more than losing at hw.

yeah, but what if ufc made it so that top 10 ranked hw are better paid then lhw champ?

you would see all top lhw move up, even some mw.

now of course ufc is about $$$ as well, n as long as lower classes are selling they wont do anything

right now fighting as lhw is best for jones. he can easily make the weight n thats where hes gonna make the most $$$ (outside of cain fight or course)

if ufc wanst jones (or any other fighter) to move up, they should give monetary incentives.

this way fighters will stop playing the "weight cutting game" n would fight at highest weight class possible.

That actually sounds like a great idea, especially considering they always treat the heavier belts as the more important fight. It's why whenever two champs fight on the same night, whoever is heavier will be the Main Event. Pay should be given accordingly.

Doesn't that put the lower weight classes at a disadvantage, there is only so much weight they cut. You can't expect Aldo to fight at middle weight or Lawler at light heavy.

it would be up to the fighters to find their "optimal" weight, just like with weight cutting.

sure aldo could get cocking n try mw or lawler lhw, but then they would probably get smothered by bigger guys n would have to go down.

now its not like these guys have no idea how high they could go. they train with bigger guys in their gyms, so they have an idea if going up is realistic or not.

Why do you hate Demetrious Johnson so much?

Why do you hate Demetrious Johnson so much?

I think he hates himself more.

He could easily be top 3 bw, however he chose to go to flw n be Jon jones of a division nobody cares for.

Hell probably take favorable matches similar to what Silva did when he fought at LHW

I personally think the Cain/Jones fight is going to happen and Jon is going to get a nice payday for his trouble.

He said in the Post-fight conference that it all depends on the purse. In other words - if the money is there he'll do it.

Division has no bearing on payment. Thread is stupid.

brock-lesnar.jpg

I think Jones does have a bit of ego in the game. So once he gets to his ideal money goal, I can see him testing the waters at HW like Anderson did. I don't see Jones fighting Cain, but i can see him doing a few "exhibition" fights like Anderson did.

I agree with giving Bones a raise to go up. I do not agree that weight class scale should determine the pay of high level fighters or any fighters for that matter. Why should Weidman get more than Pettis? Why should Phil Davis get more than Cerrone? Cannonier more than Joby Snachez? Makes no sense. The logic for giving Bones a raise is good due to the fact he doesnt have to go up. But he could chose too and doing so would likely make his company $$$. Not due to the fact he's going up in the first place. Bendo gonna get a raise for going to WW? How about Belcher to LHW? You gonna cut DC, Maia, Edgar, Machida, DJ, or Picketts pay for going down a class too? Not smart. In fact it'd be totally unfair. Should be based on $$$ u can make your company, exciting performances, winning, and overall position within your division.

Last edited:

The only fight Jones would have at HW is a superfight with Cain, if he loses hes still LHW champ and can carry on at LHW, to many beasts at HW, I think Rothwell would cause loadsa probs for Jones, then JDS, Stipe, Brown.
Easier paydays at LHW and could retire undefeated GOAT.

The only fight Jones would have at HW is a superfight with Cain, if he loses hes still LHW champ and can carry on at LHW, to many beasts at HW, I think Rothwell would cause loadsa probs for Jones, then JDS, Stipe, Brown.
Easier paydays at LHW and could retire undefeated GOAT.

Rothwell????????????? HA! You are a funny dude.

Back