Jones would have just tied Anderson if it weren't for 12-6 elbows

Just Jared

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If that rule didn't exist then Jones would be on a 16 fight win streak right now, tied with Anderson for longest win streak in UFC history. It's a shame that the DQ has taken that achievement away from him.

If that rule didn't exist then Jones would be on a 16 fight win streak right now, tied with Anderson for longest win streak in UFC history. It's a shame that the DQ has taken that achievement away from him.

At this rate I still expect him to match and beat that record...with much higher competition than Silva faced as well.

At this rate I still expect him to match and beat that record...with much higher competition than Silva faced as well.

Agreed. No doubt he will break it. Sucks for the DQ, but it is what it is. He'll get there

Andersons ufc run was brutal while even facing bigger guys.

Lets see jones face biggers guys the one time he did he arguably lost.

Anderson never git gifts in the ufc.

And if you wanna look at it that way TS jones should only have a 14 fight win streak cuz he lost to Gus.

It's a shame really and I'm not even a fan. Such a stupid rule.

Blame Steve Mazzagatti, dude is useless and the way he handled that fight like most of his screw ups was atrocious.

He beats him with better competition though. So eventually its bound to happen. Jones will surpass the great spider.

Don't blame the rule. Blame the fighter who broke the rule.

I agree that the rule makes little sense, but the point is that fighters have to follow the rules, whether they like them or not.

He lost to hamil fair and square ... People forget how crafty matt is.... He lured jones down and then into landing those 12/6 elbows

Back