Jones would destroy JDS

I think he would decision JDS 49-46. I still think Gus is Jon's toughest battle in the entire UFC roster [Cain included].

No way. Really big guys like Browne, Werdum and JDS are bigger threats, Cain included. Their worse matchups for him than Cain is. Seriously, how would he fight a guy like Brown or Werdum, who can stand back further than he can and throw those same kicks? He can't take them down, or muscle them around.

lol, I was saying JDS would win before tonight, and I also said I didn't think DC had tools that other HW's would have to use against Jones. Styles make fight, and Jones style is controlling the range. He can't do that against JDS

This. It boggles the mind that people don't logically think about the stylistic match up. Cormier didn't have a chance because of the length and height disadvantage. That disappears against JDS. We've seen what happens when he faces a guy with similar dimensions and good boxing. JDS is exactly that, just with a hell of a lot more power. It's a great stylistic fight because jones won't be able to pressure like Cain is. People saying otherwise are being a bit silly, imo.

I'm not saying Jones won't win the fight but it certainly will look nothing like Cain vs JDS 2 and 3. It'll be a lot more competitive.

I'd lie too.

Jokes aside though. Jones vs HWs is so much more interesting to me. And that's a testament to Jones.

Good joke.

Jones can definitely move up to the hw div and win. He's the fookin' truth fer sure.

JDS would knock his head off.
I sincerely hope he tries his hand at HW.
I really do.

He would take whatever remains of JDS soul

I'm not so sure. JDS didn't have the best showing against Stipe but he's still elite and I think he'll catch Jones at some point.

Great fight to see for sure.

He wont allow JDS freedom to move around just like Cain did.

Also HW Jones will have as good cardio as Cain does.
He will be able to impose his will just like Cain.

This is the bulked up Jones btw.240 lbs of lean muscle with great cardio.
No one stops him.

Oh, geez. If Jones could even do that, why hasn't he? Because he can't. Adding muscle mass does not improve cardio. Does Cain, who has the best cardio of any LHW or HW ever, have a lot of lean muscle? Nope.

I mean, yeah, his cardio looked so stellar when he standing in the clinch with DC resting his chin on DC's shoulder.

Cardio as good as Cain's. A little advice: stop doing drugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back