Jones Won Under Pride FC Rules

IvanEmelianenko

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It is what it is.

Rounds 4 and 5 and more important than the first 3, in Japan it was all about how you end the fight if it goes the distance.

Reyes was literally running away in the 2-3 last minutes of the fight.

It is what it is.

Rounds 4 and 5 and more important than the first 3, in Japan it was all about how you end the fight if it goes the distance.

Screenshot_20200209-135107_Chrome.jpg Running you say? Jones should get that Nike deal back

What does Pride have to do with anything? Good point about Reyes running away though, the last 30 seconds Jones wanted to throw down but Reyes just ran and didn't throw a single strike. He had no urgency to win because he likely thought he was up 3 rds, glad he didn't get the decision after that.

I always wondered how the early version of Jones would have done in Pride without the "hellbows" that put him on the map...

Probably just fine, I would imagine.

Cool story, it was scored under ufc rules 48/47 Jones.
Yup the entire post fight questions and threads are all about the scoring controversy. 3 dumb dumbs in suits sure got it right though huh. Like a judge that was looking away during a prelim and called out by Rogan.

Jones won UNANIMOUSLY.

Without a doubt, it wasn't even close and all 3 judges gave it to him convincingly.

If my Aunt was my Uncle...

Pointless thread, Jones won anyway.

Bullshit, Reyes won under PRIDFC Rules!!!

Reyes was way closer to finishing the fight, which PRIDEFC cares about.

Jones finished stronger but he was never close to finishing the fight...never.....

sorry but Closer to Ending Fight > Finishing strong.

Bullshit, Reyes won under PRIDFC Rules!!!

Reyes was way closer to finishing the fight, which PRIDEFC cares about.

Jones finished stronger but he was never close to finishing the fight...never.....

sorry but Closer to Ending Fight > Finishing strong.

Closer how? When did Jones look hurt? What was close about him being almost finished?

Reyes looked like he was pull a Kimbo / Dada if the fight were to keep going. He was probly going to sleep one way another if there was another round and he knew he was gassed. He admitted it. I’d say that’s closer to being finished, also you could tell because jones started landing his spinning back kicks, which he wasn’t landing in the earlier stages of the fight. If anything that tells you right there what was about to happen. Jones was turning into a super sayian.

Title fights in PRIDE lasted 20 minutes didn't they?, Reyes would have won.
There were no rounds 4 and 5 IIRC so what are you talking about?
It is what it is.

Jon was running, panic wrestling and getting rocked throughout the first 3 rounds. Pride didn't exactly reward a fighter for that lol

Reyes by soccer kick
s6UIwpj.png

Back