Jones won 2, 4 and 5

I scored it the same way.

Jones clearly won the fight if you look at overall damage done and octagon control. Reyes seemed like he would have been finished if the fight went on for a few more minutes. I would have felt bad if I were a judge and had Reyes up 3-1 during the fifth round.

I had it 2,4,5 Jones - though many are arguing 3 for Jones instead of 2, I thought Reyes did enough that round.

49-46 seems crazy but if the judge gave him 2 & 3, that’s how you’d get there.
Just the fact some are saying Jones took 2 or 3 shows how close they were. Thats hardly a robbery.

The Jones haters just want him to lose so badly they view every close round through the prism of their emotions.

Oh okay, so blocking punches is better then striking. Kinda like useless takedowns get you points anyway?
Naw, dawg. THINK about it. If one guy lands 27 strikes, but most are blocked and the other guy lands 21 strikes, but most land solidly...

There is an argument that fighter B won the round. Don't let your hatred for JBJ cloud your judgement.

I had him winning 3, 4, and 5. The last two he clearly outstruck Reyes, in the third the striking was relatively even but Jones had better octagon control.
I saw it that way too.
I don't know where that 49-46 came from though, that was a joke.

Need to re-watch tomorrow. MMA history really shows with a long time champ you better finish the fight strong. Lose 4 and 5 and the decision likely not going your way..

It's like everyone is judging the fight based on the stats that were on the screen lol. I also gave jones rounds 2 ,4, and 5.

Reyes landed I think 6 more shots in round 2 and most were glancing shots. Didn't seem like enough to out weigh jones control.

But hey....that's just my opinion. Super close fight. Would love to see them do it again.

I think all astute MMA fans can generally agree that 1 and 3 went to Reyes and 4 and 5 were to Jones. The pivotal round was 2. I went with Jones because he effectively blocked many of Reyes' strikes. Yes, 4-1 was a fucking jokes.

this

2,4,5 for Jones is how Sherdog.com scored it (I didn't watch the fight).

Reyes 1, 3. Jones 4, 5. Round two was the pendulum. I had Jones because Reyes missed most of his strikes, was walked down and Jones landed that left clean on multiple exchanges.

It was a coin flip decision. They should rematch automatically. I enjoyed the tension of the situation of that fight a lot.

Need to re-watch tomorrow. MMA history really shows with a long time champ you better finish the fight strong. Lose 4 and 5 and the decision likely not going your way..

Jones won all five rounds IMO. He landed the more powerful kicks and punches. I'm glad it was unanimous though it should've been more lopsided because Reyes didn't do enough. He started to fade out towards the end and ended up backpedaling from Jone.

I saw the 49-46 and immediately thought of the upset..... nope. Don’t leave it to the judges

Jones arguably could have won all 5 rounds. Advancement, octagon control, takedowns, beautiful leg kicks, great defense against those flurries etc. In the jungle, Reyes would collapse due to exhaustion and Jon could literally take his life

Back