Jones won 2, 4 and 5

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Props to Reyes tho, but Jon won the fight

3-2 Reyes, first 3 rounds

4-1 Jones is a fucking joke

I think all astute MMA fans can generally agree that 1 and 3 went to Reyes and 4 and 5 were to Jones. The pivotal round was 2. I went with Jones because he effectively blocked many of Reyes' strikes. Yes, 4-1 was a fucking jokes.

I don't really see the 2nd as going for Jon. To me, it seemed clear that Reyes burned through his gas tank in the first three rounds. He was busier, landed more, and landed good shots. 4 and 5 were Jones' rounds.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over worrying about it, but I think Reyes got robbed.

I had him winning 3, 4, and 5. The last two he clearly outstruck Reyes, in the third the striking was relatively even but Jones had better octagon control.

Close fight. I had Reyes 3-2 but could've gone either way. 49-46 is disgusting

Blitzing in, missing half your shots then getting on your bike doesn't win a fight

I had Jones 2,4, and 5 as well. Thought it would come down to the 2nd round for sure. Either way, 49-46 is ridiculous.

Reyes won 3 of 5 rounds. I am with the majority on this one. Judges need to go. Take downs went nowhere, no damage, Jones walked forward 5 rounds and got out struck badly for 3.
Just my opinion.

4-1 is definitely a joke. It all comes down to round 2 which imo is the most debatable round.

Nah, you cant give someone a round for advancing if they took more punishment...at all or for a brief TD that does nothing, this is not figure skating where points are awarded for visually pleasing moves.
I could see an argument for 48-47 JJ even though I had it for Reyes either 48-47 or 49-46...but that fact that one judge in an important fight had it 49-46 JJ is absolute garbage....there is no way JJ won 4 rds and he definitely did not get a 10-8.

I had Jones 2,4, and 5 as well. Thought it would come down to the 2nd round for sure. Either way, 49-46 is ridiculous.

I had Reyes winning the first 3 rounds, but the second round was close enough that I wouldn't call it a robbery. He said before the fight that he was going to take chances then he fought most of the fight off of his heels. He should have been more aggressive if he wanted the belt. Everyone knows you have to finish Jones if you want that belt. His cardio failed him and his lack of aggressiveness failed him. He had this fight and has nobody but himself to blame.

Reyes won 3 of 5 rounds. I am with the majority on this one. Judges need to go. Take downs went nowhere, no damage, Jones walked forward 5 rounds and got out struck badly for 3.
Just my opinion.

2,4,5 for Jones is how Sherdog.com scored it (I didn't watch the fight).

My stream...err, my ESPN+ sub went down during the earlier rounds so i was only able to watch 4 and 5, imho Jones got those, 48-47 makes sense to me, but i need to watch those 1,2,3 rounds to know how it went down, Argentinian broadcasting team were on Reyes winning the initial 3 at least, will see.

I think all astute MMA fans can generally agree that 1 and 3 went to Reyes and 4 and 5 were to Jones. The pivotal round was 2. I went with Jones because he effectively blocked many of Reyes' strikes. Yes, 4-1 was a fucking jokes.

Oh okay, so blocking punches is better then striking. Kinda like useless takedowns get you points anyway?

Oh okay, so blocking punches is better then striking. Kinda like useless takedowns get you points anyway?

I had it 2,4,5 Jones - though many are arguing 3 for Jones instead of 2, I thought Reyes did enough that round.

49-46 seems crazy but if the judge gave him 2 & 3, that’s how you’d get there.

It was a very close fight. D built up a lead out of the gate, but slower more and more every round. He really didnt damage tho. Jon is good at telling and blocking. Jon def won 4 and 5. Dom won 1 and 3. I'll have to rewatch the fight to see how the 2nd went with actual landing and blocks. It was razor close and should be a rematch.

D needs to come out strong but not as fast as he was out of the gate. I think if he conserves a little in the first 3 or at least 2, he would have won. He doesnt need 30 more strikes in a round. Win the round but also conserve some for later. I gave 2 to dominic live, so after rewatch I'll make my call. I think live I would have gave jon a loss. He did dominate the final 2 rounds, but didnt come close to finishing, and the tds were nothing but energy draining.

What’s after show saying? Stream cut off..

Back