Jones will fight MW's but still won't fight HW's

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Bamboozled, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Bamboozled Yellow Card Yellow Card

Dude's really brave fighting guys smaller than him lmao

How the fuck can anyone defend this? Talks shit for YEARS about how he'd beat HW's, doesn't move up once. The moment an undersized guy challenges him he's willing to make it happen ASAP.

2. Eiffel-sixtyFight Green Belt

DC kinda. Former heavy at the time they fought.

Duck Dodgers likes this.
  3. Make Sherdog Great Again TRUMP is your GOAT

The GOAT can do whatever he wants.

4. Bamboozled Yellow Card Yellow Card

What the fuck does Fedor have to do with this thread?

5. stereolab White Belt

Can't point fight at heavyweight...

6. EVIL WAR GOD Brown Belt

He’s waiting for Stipe. His first fight at HW will be against the greatest UFC HW of all time.

storeybuckle likes this.
  7. cmw43 Bad Boys Club

He said there's no way he'd fight him at HW though.

“I’m a realist,” Jones said. “Daniel Cormier is a special athlete and anyone can be beat. I think my greatest chance of losing would be to a guy like Daniel Cormier. We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense.

“Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities.”

8. snackgod Gold Belt

jon could of already fought him.

phillysmoker likes this.
  9. EVIL WAR GOD Brown Belt

When?

10. Final Say So Icey Belt

The time he called him out on twitter and stipe accepted but then jon signed to fight santos instead

also, he’s specifically waiting and hoping that stipe loses the rematch to francis imo. Jones will fight Ngannou but won’t fight stipe, so the result of that fight will dictate his decision

11. EVIL WAR GOD Brown Belt

I find it hard to believe Jon is afraid to take any fight. He’s been fighting the best LHWs available his entire career and is undefeated.

Coexist and RedDevilFan like this.
  12. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt

Jones could have fought for the HW belt at pretty much anytime in the last six or seven years (well, except obviously for the +2 years of combined PED suspensions). HW always had the most casual appeal and the UFC loves champ vs champ fights, if it didn't happen it's because Jones didn't want it. This is the kind of fights that I'll only believe it when I'll see it.

Jolly Rancha likes this.
  13. TapSnapBreak Fossil Griffin Belt

images (9).jpeg
    You know you won't ever fight hw`s

14. Huligani Number One Bullshit

<Steiner01>

He's a true LHW at best, getting down to 225 lbs for the Roy Nelson fight just by shaving off a lot of fat, and slimming down beyond that for his earliest LHW fights.

Eiffel-sixtyFight likes this.
  15. is a Click the image but nothing really happens.

If Jones really wanted to fight Stipe in HW, both Jones and Stipe both relatively the same ever since Stipe leaned out, coming in the scales barely over 230 ever since his loss to Cormier.

To be perfectly, I'm not exactly sure what's holding Jones back from actually moving to HW. He intends to focus on building more muscle but he looked quite a bit bigger in the OSP fight, and all that fight ever did was show that Jones coming off his supplements was just more or less a regular champ instead of performing like the GOAT.

16. RedDevilFan Orange Belt

The HW,s can come down to fight Jones anytime they want. DC did it, he came down and faced jones.

It’s a two way street, Jones does not need to do shit. If stipe wants Jones he can make some noise and make it happen or come down to LHW. The MW,s come up to fight jones because they want the big business name win. Jones does not come down to them, they come to him, they move their behinds up.

So HW,s can do like those MW,s and come to Jones if you want it that badly.

17. Final Say So Icey Belt

Jones has specifically said he would go to HW and fight stipe, the consensus GOAT UFC HW and baddest man on the planet. Stipe has never said he’d go down. He’s king of the castle. Jon gas gone so far as to call out stipe, saying he was gonna challenge for HW gold and then went back on it more than one time.

As far as fighting the best LHWs available his entire career, that means nothing when you start talking about stipe. It’s a different level, which is probably why jones hasn’t made that leap. He’s never fought anything like stipe.

EVIL WAR GOD likes this.
  18. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt

Except Jones is the one that has been saying for years that he'll go to HW and beat everyone. He's the one that has to put his money where is mouth is.

19. Andreh Yellow Card Yellow Card

WTF you are talking about, stupid? Israel is the one who called up for Jones, not the opposite. ISRAEL wants and needs to fight Jones, NOT the opposite. You are trying to create a nonsense narrative for what?

Israel is the one who is trying to prove something, Jones is already a GOAT and is going to make history at HW now. And another fact is that when Jones was champ Israel didn't want any of that smoke, all of a sudden when elder Jan won the belt, champ by luck, totally late boomer, Israel wants the LHW champ LOL. Hilarious.

Stop this nonsense.

loisestrad and Yankee like this.
  20. Bamboozled Yellow Card Yellow Card

You literally couldn't properly read my post, and have the gall to call someone stupid? STFU