Jones Weakness/Holes

Someone with similar height/reach. Leg locks maybe.

Jones' small weaknesses are ....
1) He can get hit
2) He doesn't have one punch/kick KO power standing.

That's pretty much it ... and when he does get hit it is usually at the end of others reach so they barely have power on it since they have be fully stretched out to reach him.

Other than that ... his strengths are just too much combined.

1) strength/grip
2) height
3) reach
4) excellent cardio
5) best wrestling
6) great chin

Basically he excels everywhere both talent wise and thanks to his physical gifts (reach, chin, height).

Someone will need to crack his chin first so he can actually have a true weakness for others to exploit.

Boxing. Footwork. Pressure.

He had proven time and time again that he is either still good enough there, or can counter with other things, of course.

Some speed freak with good reactions could counter him while he snaps those quick kicks while backing up, for example.

So far he gets away almost freely with them, because he has reach and great balance, can spam them without loosing his footing.

Of course, there aren't really many blitz swarmers on horizon in LHW.

Jones has about 7 holes. He talks out of two of them.

Hope Gus with better cardio for round 5 this time around cause he could do it with another performance like the 1st.

Bones looks just unbeatable every time out

Non-stop lateral movement, constant attacks, variety of techniques, crazy cardio. That's basically what you need to beat Jones, but you have to fight flawlessly and then still get a little lucky. I believe Gus have that performance last time, but it still wasnt enough. Other than a kill shot from AJ or Gus outpointing him, no one else even has a chance.

You need a Dom Cruz at LHW. Or basically Gus but with better leg kicks and cardio. The bottom game of a Carlos Condit wouldn't hurt either.

Jones gets punched, his footwork isn't great, and he resorts to the clinch when pressured by a better striker. A fighter who can circle all fight, avoid the clinch, cage, and being put on his back, all while having the stamina to outwork Bones can beat him. But that's a lot to ask for. Gus maybe did it last time, but it won't be easy to repeat. Bones is a very adaptive fighter.

Non-stop lateral movement, constant attacks, variety of techniques, crazy cardio. That's basically what you need to beat Jones, but you have to fight flawlessly and then still get a little lucky. I believe Gus have that performance last time, but it still wasnt enough. Other than a kill shot from AJ or Gus outpointing him, no one else even has a chance.

^^^ Or what that guy said. Beat me to it.

Everyone has weaknesses, but Jones has fewer than his opponents.

This comes to mind

dmgsb2n.jpg

Does anyone know which exchange this punch is from?

Jones' weaknesses are partially based on his strengths.
1- He's very good at using his reach and when he doesn't have the reach advantage (Gus) he struggles defensively. Gus was able to hit him (a lot) due to superior striking, footwork and equivalent reach.
2- He doesn't get hit that much so he tends to react poorly to getting hit. This weakness already seems to be diminished. In the Glover and DC matches he went deep inside with power punchers and seemed to trade well.

Basically, aside from Gus I don't see anyone getting this done without a good ole' fashioned lucky power punch. Maybe, maybe AJ lands a monster punch from the outside somehow, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The Gus rematch is going to be very exciting, but I suspect Jones and the sith lord Jackson are working on ways to deal with the Viking threat.

Tough to see anything that really stands out as a weakness. One question mark is how good he is off his back for extended periods of time. We have yet to see him tested like this, but there is no reason to think he wouldn't be crafty and clever with his length like he is in other areas.

I don't think Gus really exposed any weaknesses so as much as he fought his style of fight. Gus' fight with Jones provided the blue print to only one person, and that was Jon Jones himself so he knows what he has to work on in regards to fighting someone who is of similar dimensions who is a striker. Other fighters really can't hope to replicate what Gus did, because what Gus did is based off his unique boxing style combined with his physical dimensions.

In terms of holes/tendencies, Jones does have a few, but they're hard to exploit, and you have to be willing to take punishment in order to do so. Whenever he throws a straight, he lowers his head and steps forward which is the textbook beginners way to throw a straight punch. But it's very fundamentally sound and quick that you need someone who has a quick step in, and willing to take the blow in order to deliver one or multiple of their own. In terms of fighting while backing up, I think his fight against DC showed that he has that ability to do that effectively. In terms of the mid-range, I don't know how you would exploit it, but he does a lot of hand fighting in the mid range which leads to standing elbows and body punches. A final hole/tendancy he has that I've noticed, is that when he gets hit solidly, he tends to "reset". He can take a shot just fine, and doesn't go into a full defensive shell, but he does tend to take a step back to reset and gather himself if just for a brief moment and re-think his approach before re-engaging. I guess not giving him that time to compose/re-think his approach would be key.

His weaknesses now won't be there in the next fight. He is constantly improving every fight

yeah cormier was landing plenty in the clinch hopefully gus pays attention and gives us something like this, i can only wish

1-1-1.gif

them uppercuts thoe

yeah cormier was landing plenty in the clinch hopefully gus pays attention and gives us something like this, i can only wish

1-1-1.gif

them uppercuts thoe

From that gif, Gus needs to practice his gymnastics, maybe Shawn Jordan can help him?

Back