Jones Weakness/Holes

This comes to mind

dmgsb2n.jpg

A pissed off Swede who has a vendetta against the judges is his weakness.

Boxing, dirty boxing and gotta be those legs...like that toe, I have not seen that happen before.

What Cain did to JDS for nearly 50 minutes. Relentless pressure and clinch work.

Much, much easier said than done.

Has anyone so far attacked his chicken legs? I'm thinking of brutal low-kicks and so.

If you cut away his legs, there goes his fluid movement, which is his great advantage.

We haven't seen him forced to work of his back yet.

Good luck putting him there though...

His striking is not that great, but he can mixed things together pretty well

Attack his leg is quite hard, bring back Shogun, maybe

He wilts under combos and ducks down. Wide open for uppercuts which DC capitalized on occasionally

His striking was fucking awful, Jesus.

Everytime he would throw a punch he would get his head down like an amateur would. Ironically, he doesn't show this weakness while throwing elbow strikes.

I honestly don't think gus will be as successful this time. I think Jones gets him to the ground easier and maybe eventually chokes him. Hope not though, hope Gus finishes him this time.

I think the best guy to beat him would be someone with Gus's frame and hands, Aldo's leg kicks, BJ's TD defense, and Palhares' leg locks.

He's gotta be out there somewhere....right?

Mental discipline. WTF was his jab against DC? If his gameplan was to inflict as much damage as possible, he should have stood in the middle of the octagon and closed both of DC's eyes with a stiff jab so he could work a blind man for the remainder of the fight. What could be a better way to "not submit to DC's alpha" than punching him before he can even step in? Instead Jones wanted to let DC get in so he could outwrestle and out dirtybox him. It worked on points, but the reality is he could have been KO'd at any point, and he never really hurt DC significantly so he didn't even really accomplish his objective of inflicting pain. All of this is really weird because in past fights he's shown far more maturity and mental discipline, so this is clearly an area he can work on, and someone else might be able to exploit in the meantime.

The only thing I see is that he can be hit.

If he would have bothered to use his jab against DC, he would have been hit much, much less, and he wouldn't need to be poking people in the eyes in every fight.

If he would have bothered to use his jab against DC, he would have been hit much, much less, and he wouldn't need to be poking people in the eyes in every fight.

Not the first time he's been hit.

He's pretty incredible. If anything, last night I was surprised that an alligator-armed opponent with a size disadvantage was able to land some very solid jabs on him.

And, I could be wrong, but slowly and surely, it feels like the field is catching up to him. His fights are getting more and more taxing. He doesn't have one punch KO power but he doesn't really need it with those elbows and knees.

He is susceptible to leg kicks himself, despite him catching DC's foot in the first round. Someone with a potent kicking game could have a field day on those pencil legs.

He does take shots to the face at times as well, but his chin is iron, so I don't think that will be his downfall for at least the near future.

Not sure if Gus was exploiting holes in Jones' game as much as he was able to use his size. Jones couldn't get him down and he had better hands.

People looking for holes using the DC fight are nitpicking and not realizing how good DC is...When there is a threat of a TD from someone like DC, along with the threat of power shots that changes everything...Jones did what he had to do and showed us that his wrestling is actually better than we thought. His striking is unique and damaging...He isnt a standard boxer. He could improve his jab, thats all I can see.

Back