Jones was not only Dirty pre fight had many dirty tactics again....

My balls' huge size should be illegal!! What Jones did to Gus was pure talent! The man is undeniable! GOAT!

And please... Stop crying!! Make us all sick <{clintugh}>

Looked like he was punching him in the ear until Gus turned to use the back of his head to stop it.

Dec-30-2018-00-36-59.gif

Gotta do better to defend yourself. He was done.

Why doesn't anyone talk about Jones throwing knees to Gus balls and finished him with illegal punches too
I can't believe theres so much pico talk but no ones really mentioning how Jones was well Jones....

Ironically, Gus had the only illegal eyepoke of the fight... Funny stuff

Why doesn't anyone talk about Jones throwing knees to Gus balls and finished him with illegal punches too
I can't believe theres so much pico talk but no ones really mentioning how Jones was well Jones....

low blows happen in almost every fight...that is why time is given for the fighter to recover...and it was inside leg shot, not a low blow...slow motion reply showed this...and gus is the one eye poked jones..not vice versa....and there were no illegal punches thrown...if a person turns his head to avoid strikes and one hits the back of the head, it's all legal.

“Both of you watch your fingers!”

The ref knows...

even dc has gone for eye pokes
i dont think its that big of a deal.
like i see what jon does and i'm okay with it. its the ref's job to step in when its to much and end the fight. if hes not doing that you are still fighting within the rules and getting away with it. In both mma and boxing there are lot of illegal moves fighters get away with regularly a couple times every fight to the point of where people will actually add illegal tactics their game plan because they know they will get away with it here and there. so unless the first groin stike or eye poke auto ends fights or auto gives a 2 point reduction , its going to continue and be part of the sport.

same with steroids.
to many things people are still getting away with. if you use them to me thats no big deal its just part of professional sports and getting old and to be honest if jon is micro dosing that is the kind of steroid use people should want athletes to be doing because to me that sounds fair, its not abuse and its not over doing it it just keeps your base up which gets you to the fight at your best and recovered. I agree with anderson that some sort of hormone regulation system should be put in place where fighters that have low t from age or head trauma should be allowed to use trt. i feel like there has to be a way to control how people use trt so they can't abuse it like vitor was but idk.

but my opinion overall is jon is fine. leave him alone. be happy we get to see him fight more before hes out of his prime completely.

It's not on Fightpass yet. Did TurinaBones employ his Eyepokes too?

Cos he destroyed Gus. No matter what he threw he was going to destroy him. That much was clear. Any perceived illegal strikes are a non-issue when you beat that soundly and obviously.

The only problem is his 50/50 attitude towards passing drug tests and the protection he gets for 50% of that...

Last edited:
I had a huge smile on my face when Gus poked Jon in the eye. Not so nice is it Jon?

I agree he was killing Gus up to that point but why the need to use dirty tricks?

That is the thing about Jones. He cheats even though he probably does not need too. He has probably been cheating since before he knew he could be a great fighter.

Even Gus admitted that Jones didn't touch his balls. He touched the area surrounding the balls, which is perfectly legal.

Maybe the TS should have actually watched the fight rather than just commenting randomly. They showed a slow mo instant replay after the knee was thrown (and it was one knee, not plural as the TS stated) and it was easily to see it struck the inner thigh towards the hip.

There is clear video in this post of the punches Jones landed on Gus and all but maybe one were clean and the one that wasn't was because Gus shifted his head as the punch was dropping.

Jones deserves plenty of shit for other stuff but Gus was the only one in that fight with an actual illegal shot. Irony...

Back