Jones vs Valasquez

I was surprised he was able to stuff Cormier's takedowns, and I would have been surprised he got Cormier down, but Cormier looked like he was pretty tired and Jones looked fresher to me. So I wasn't really that surprised when it happened.

For Velasquez, he has better endurance to go 5. I also don't think Cormier and Velasquez are mirror images of each other, so I don't think comparing them in relation to Jones is fair. I would probably still pick Cain.

Haha. JBJ wouldn't even make it past Werdum, let alone Cain.

Cain is a bigger and stronger version of DC. Cain would beat JBJ everywhere.

Cain is so big, he'd be much more able to apply pressure like the tank that he is

Much easier win for bones. Cain dont have olympic wrestling background and even if you have Bones takes you down. GOAT is to good right now for anyone

neither does he has the chin. DC took some vicious punches which would have stopped Cain

Jones had a hard time keeping DC away, only reason why he made it look easy in the later rounds was due to DC gassing. How would Jones deal with the relentless pressure of Cain?

Not good.

That is exactly why Cain will no doubt destroy Jones.

Cain would not get tired after the 3rd round. DC's pressure stopped, Cain's pressure wouldn't.

depends what the weight gain would do to jones. would be a great fight. cain isnt gonna gas like DC did and he is way more active with his striking.

Its the best superfight to make, along with Pettis/Aldo. Should have both those fights in mexico next new years eve card if Pettis and Cain win their next fights ;)

Jones just gets better every time he fights. I used to think Cain would murder him but now I'm no too sure .
I'm praying Jones wants to test himself at HW .

225-235 pound in shape Jones EASY! Make it 205 Jones vs 240 Cain for a fight.

Cain would maul him badly. Cormier got in the inside easily, and Cain is better at everything more importantly he has better cardio.

DC burnt up his gastank trying to takedown Jones to prove a point thats when Jones started to take over.

DC just showed us he's a 3 rd fighter he was a done after that and suprised Jones didn't finish him.

Cain is bigger that DC a better striker and has a waaaaaaaaay better gas tank.

Jones can try that swing n lunging shiit with Cain and he will get fuuucked up.

Cain by straight beat down.

Don't believe for a second that DC can ever beat Cain in an octagon Cain would wear him down worse than Jones did.

THIS.

People keep comparing DC to fucking Cain lol They are COMPLETELY different fighters. Cain is obviously the more brutal of the two.

Can anyone imagine Cain gassing like that? lol no

No one can beat Cain. This is stupid, DC and Cain are not the same level of fighter. At all. Never have, never will be. Cain, if he stays healthy enough, will steamroll everyone he faces.

Mighty big if there.... Cain did not have a single fight in 2014 and has fought exactly 2 guys over the last 4 years. It is possible Cain's mystical powers are being exaggerated in his prolonged absence.

I think Jones vs Cain is now the most interesting fight that could be made in MMA.
DC was Jones' biggest hurdle to get over to break Anderson's defense record, which is now only 2 away (Anderson 10, Jones now at 8). His next biggest challenge at LHW is a guy he already has a victory over, I see JBJ staying at 205 to break the title defense record, if he can achieve that, which seems very likely then the only real challenge at that point lies at HW.... and Jones just beat a guy who was steamrolling top ten HWs.

Cain more than likely wouldn't gas like DC. He also years better footwork and head movement. He'd put even more pressure on Jones than DC did.

Haha. JBJ wouldn't even make it past Werdum, let alone Cain.

Cain is a bigger and stronger version of DC. Cain would beat JBJ everywhere.

Well jones just out mma wrestled DC..who regularly outwrestles Cain..

Not MMA mathing it. there is still a lot more to the fight but the wrestling difference check mark now goes in bones column

Yes

Cains biggest advantage is wresting and cardio.I think Jones could outwrestle him and out clinch him after tonight.

You saw Cain's face? If someone beat up my best friend I would be pissed too. Cain's overall MMA pedigree is better than DC but it would have to be at HW. I see Cain having the edge but not as much as before. Jones is the best LHW of all time. I think Gus and Rumble still have a chance and competitive fights but Jones vs Cain will happen after their next fight. Hopefully they fight on the same card to set it up.

Well jones just out mma wrestled DC..who regularly outwrestles Cain..

Not MMA mathing it. there is still a lot more to the fight but the wrestling difference check mark now goes in bones column

Yet in every clip it's Cain beating DC at everything.. lol.

Cain would show Jones what clinching is all about.

Back