Jones vs Trinidad was so weird

i'm not sure if i ever watched the whole thing but "weird" is what you get when you have shot fighters in the ring. A lot of the time, they just don't look right, move strange, react strange and you're left trying to figure out what happened to that beast that used to be. Just as often though, they don't look all that different but are just missing a few things.

If by weird you mean unpleasant, then it certainly was.

I don't think it's all that surprising given that Roy was 39 and Tito was 35. Tito also hadn't fought in 2½ years.

I thought it was a pretty good match, would've been a good one to retire on or the Jeff Lacy fight

I don't know too much about the background to it but I noticed during Winky Wright vs Trinidad Lampley said Trinidad was the no. 1 power puncher in the sport and Roy Jones on commentary effectively said "pfft no way".

I don't know too much about the background to it but I noticed during Winky Wright vs Trinidad Lampley said Trinidad was the no. 1 power puncher in the sport and Roy Jones on commentary effectively said "pfft no way".
roy thought he was the shit and he was. He sure had a hard time dealing with his powers going away overnight, it's understandable.

I thought that was the last fight where Roy looked like Roy at a few points in the fight.

I remembered this fight being after Lacy, guess I got them mixed up.

It's why people still got moderately excited for Jones-Hopkins II. Then the Danny Green fight happened.

Interesting you mention that, as during Jones vs Trinidad, I remember Roy lifting up his arms, giving Tito free body shots, then shaking his head at the lack of effect they had.

I thought it was a bit lame at the time, considering Trinidad had moved up from 161 to 170 while Roy had been up to heavy. Makes more sense now from the commentary you mentioned.

Geez I didn’t remember the size difference between them, Hopkins took everything Tito had, and boy do New Yorkers hate Puerto Ricans with a passion LOL, they cheered everything Roy did.

Back