Jones Vs Santos wasn't really as close as you thought.

With any luck he will make an ass of himself and start a Weidman-like slide tomorrow, but I won't be holding my breath.

Fair enough. Listen the guys been a sh*t human being for a long time. My problem is when people denigrate him for being a shitty person, and then suck Conors balls, a guy who was an even shittier human being.

That said, people can change... even Jones and Conor.

Ya I thought it was a pretty clear 1, 2, 5 for Santos

I scored it for Jones, but he sailed pretty fucking close to the wind that night imo.

He could have easily lost his title.

Fair enough. Listen the guys been a sh*t human being for a long time. My problem is when people denigrate him for being a shitty person, and then suck Conors balls, a guy who was an even shittier human being.

That said, people can change... even Jones and Conor.
I'm not sure who is a worse person, but Jones is the better fighter. Not a fan of either, but it would be cool to see either of them make a genuine change for the better.

For those of you who watched the fight with extreme bias and or commentary, check this out.

Yep

I rewatched it recently as well

I seen Jones being in control for the entire fight

Initially i thought it was close

It was shocking how many people gave it to Santos.

I watch the fight a week ago and only gave Jones around three. He didn’t do any damage to Santos. The only time Santos looked hurt Was because he stepped wrong on a bad knee and wobbled.

It is as close as most people thought. This breakdown is from paid UFC and ESPN employees promoting their headliner tomorrow...

I'd have to rewatch the fight. But part of me doesn't feel like it. This isn't some statistical contest where we just go off of computer readings to decide a winner. Doesn't an in-the-moment decision mean anything or should every fight be reevaluated months later before a final verdict? Also, would we really be saying that some of those crummy judges get everything right but us guys who watch way more MMA than they do are wrong more often?

The reason people rewatch fights is that for the average fan, regardless of whether they're casual or hardcore, an in-the-moment decision is rarely unbiased. On fight night, you've got who you want to win, you've got the hype, you've got the commentators saying whatever they want, and all that makes it hard to be objective.

For the judges, though, that's their profession - to be completely unbiased. I'm not sure why you think a fan watches way more fights than a judge, because there's no way it's true. They are literally paid to be at fights, staring intensely at the action with an impartial eye. The average fan probably skips a card or two, probably watches the prelims in the background, and probably only focuses on two to four of the main card fights. Even a hardcore fan is very unlikely to watch more MMA than a professional judge.

So, to answer your questions in brief, an in-the-moment decision from a fan means very little, and the judges are more often than not going to get the call right.

The reason people rewatch fights is that for the average fan, regardless of whether they're casual or hardcore, an in-the-moment decision is rarely unbiased. On fight night, you've got who you want to win, you've got the hype, you've got the commentators saying whatever they want, and all that makes it hard to be objective.

For the judges, though, that's their profession - to be completely unbiased. I'm not sure why you think a fan watches way more fights than a judge, because there's no way it's true. They are literally paid to be at fights, staring intensely at the action with an impartial eye. The average fan probably skips a card or two, probably watches the prelims in the background, and probably only focuses on two to four of the main card fights. Even a hardcore fan is very unlikely to watch more MMA than a professional judge.

So, to answer your questions in brief, an in-the-moment decision from a fan means very little, and the judges are more often than not going to get the call right.
Makes sense why so many people here are insanely biased

Very few people are rewatching fights even once

Personally i think it needs to be done a few times

Watched it two nights ago and again I don’t see how Santos was not awarded 3 rounds. I think jones wrecks him in the rematch but Santos won that fight.

Makes sense why so many people here are insanely biased

Very few people are rewatching fights even once

Personally i think it needs to be done a few times

for sure. I always root against Jones. A rewatch changed my mind on the Gus fight but not this time. If anything, I thought commentary favored Jon with some pretty insignificant offense than Rogan shot in his pants over. Very close fight, but I still had Santos taking 3 rounds fairly convincingly.

The fight wasnt close

http://rds.fightmetric.com/fight/7811

but a couple things influence people claims that it was

1- flagrant attempt to discredit Jones
2- confirmation bias, they want so desperately for Jones to lose they see loss where there was none

These are the same people that were saying Machida gave Jones a hard time because he punched him, once

for sure. I always root against Jones. A rewatch changed my mind on the Gus fight but not this time. If anything, I thought commentary favored Jon with some pretty insignificant offense than Rogan shot in his pants over. Very close fight, but I still had Santos taking 3 rounds fairly convincingly.
lol

You should watch it again if you feel that way

The fight wasnt close

http://rds.fightmetric.com/fight/7811

but a couple things influence people claims that it was

1- flagrant attempt to discredit Jones
2- confirmation bias, they want so desperately for Jones to lose they see loss where there was none

These are the same people that were saying Machida gave Jones a hard time because he punched him, once
This is what I'm talking about. A flaw in this kind of sport. Fighter A outpunched Fighter B 11-8 in the first round for example. And that's a significant reason to judge the round just staring at a number? If we believe this, then disband the judges panels and supply real time FightMetric stats and just award the winner of the cold numbers. It doesn't always work that way. The quality can easily outweigh the quantity in a fight.

Thiago hurt his own leg and it’s still Jon’s only claim to success in that fight.
He stood in front of a injured MW that DAVE BRANCH KO’d

I value the one judge that had it for Thiago more than TS opinion for sure

Why couldn't you tell us that before Dom and Giblert broke it down for you?

@NorrisB

nvm jones is goat. tomorrow he'll show you why reyes is just a can. jones bless. jones goat!

If Reyes is just a can, how will Jones beating him prove anything?

If you want to big up Jones you’re better off big upping Reyes, too.

Why couldn't you tell us that before Dom and Giblert broke it down for you?
Because I am just some guy who shared the same opinion. Assuming you're capable of thinking objectively, who's opinion is more valuable, mine or theirs?

For those of you who watched the fight with extreme bias and or commentary, check this out.

Thought Jones won when I watched the fight. Watching this breakdown now. Enjoying Cruz and Giblerts insight.

Back