Jones Vs Santos wasn't really as close as you thought.

Goh

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For those of you who watched the fight with extreme bias and or commentary, check this out.

Santos' ruined mobility says it all imo.

Jon was unexceptional that night, but thiago was crippled

I watched it after I saw all the opinions online and was surprised at how obviously I thought Jones won. I don't like Jones at all. The steroids and all the other shitty things he has done make it impossible for me to like or root for him, but he is clearly one of the best to ever compete in MMA, and he clearly won that fight. If Santos' knees held up maybe he would've won, but they didn't. I also think even if Santos comes in with healthy knees in a rematch he will lose convincingly due to Jones making adjustments.

@NorrisB

nvm jones is goat. tomorrow he'll show you why reyes is just a can. jones bless. jones goat!

Jones clearly won but I think his arrogance in not wanting to take santos down taught us a lot. Jones cant afford to take a risk like that again.

GSP fanboys-Santos won against Jones
Meanwhile, Hendricks vs GSP was a much closer fight.

P.s. I hope Reyes wins in terrific fashion tomorrow, but it is extremely unlikely.

Yep jones won.. I still don't understand the controversy

Jones clearly won but I think his arrogance in not wanting to take santos down taught us a lot. Jones cant afford to take a risk like that again.
I remember thinking that he didnt like the swarm of hooks and opted not to expend energy on another careless attempt. But then he never tried again.

He must have felt firmly in control

I'd have to rewatch the fight. But part of me doesn't feel like it. This isn't some statistical contest where we just go off of computer readings to decide a winner. Doesn't an in-the-moment decision mean anything or should every fight be reevaluated months later before a final verdict? Also, would we really be saying that some of those crummy judges get everything right but us guys who watch way more MMA than they do are wrong more often?

I watched it after I saw all the opinions online and was surprised at how obviously I thought Jones won. I don't like Jones at all. The steroids and all the other shitty things he has done make it impossible for me to like or root for him, but he is clearly one of the best to ever compete in MMA, and he clearly won that fight. If Santos' knees held up maybe he would've won, but they didn't. I also think even if Santos comes in with healthy knees in a rematch he will lose convincingly due to Jones making adjustments.

Very fair assessment, if only all of his haters were capable of being this objective.

Jon Jones 5-0. Santos mostly just backed up into the cage, and landed the occasional hard strike. Jon Jones was literally sparring with the guy.

I don't think Jones wants to take anyone down anymore. He might do it when he feels he needs to or can land some elbows but he seems really content to stand and bang. I mean, it's worked before so I get it.

Very fair assessment, if only all of his haters were capable of being this objective.
With any luck he will make an ass of himself and start a Weidman-like slide tomorrow, but I won't be holding my breath.

Considering he was crippled and made it close and walked out on his own meanwhile jon looked normal (not belly bumps) and was carried out.

Every other sport in the world strips titles, bans athletes who fail. Combat sports just comes up with stupid excuses about why a money making fighter failed a PED test.

Yeah a tough fight that caused GSP to retire lol

He retired so hard he came back and won the MW title while Hendricks crashed and burned. He'd likely have won the LW title also if the UFC had let him have that fight.

Back